chapter four.

CHAPTER FOUR,
    DEVIL'S DEAL.   

There's a dark presence in the bathroom when Selene leaves the stall

There's a dark presence in the bathroom when Selene leaves the stall. Hesitance fills her mind as she clears her throat awkwardly, looking across the commodious bathroom; there's another person in here. She's facing opposite Selene, so the aforementioned brunette can't see her face properly, but the locks of curled hair is enough to inform Selene that it's someone she recognises.

              Despite the dark, malicious aura surrounding this unknown woman, Selene Bennett minds her business. She approaches the sink and washes her hands, stealing a few glances toward the other woman, who seems to purposefully be looking away from Selene. She writes this off as a mysterious technique it is something of mysteriousness; Selene had commented on ways of appearing to be like this, hell, she'd done this act herself.

                As she's about to leave the bathroom, slender, pale, fingertips drape across her shoulder. Selene is unable to move, not because of this woman's actions, but because it's better to show contempt. Selene feels herself being whirled around, and she's now facing somebody that looks like Elena Gilbert, but evidently is not. Her hair is curled to perfection, immaculate dressing - mainly in all black - and the nefarious glint is present in dark, practically obsidian coloured eyes. She draws in a heavy breath, folding her arms scornfully across her chest. "Selene Bennett, I thought this would be the last I saw of you."

               Selene prevents the urge to roll her eyes in the presence of the mysteriously alluring Katherine Pierce; her name had been travelling across the world for quite an extensive amount of time. It's no wonder that everybody knows the name of the infamous woman who'd been running from Niklaus for years. Five hundred, to be precise. "Katherine Pierce, the modern century has done you well."

                "Don't act like we weren't friends once, sweetheart." Katherine smiles venomously, arching her eyebrow at the Bennett's attire. "Seer's always love impressing people, don't they?"

               "They can also see what you're planning, Kat," she responds icily, crossing her arms over her chest without emotion. Katherine turns the tap on, preventing the sound of them talking. No vampire listening in could possibly find out any information from them, and that's exactly what Katherine desired. The art of surprise. "So, you need my help, yet again. Because the psychic is always used for unnecessary things, aren't they?"

                Katherine scoffs incredulously, rolling amber eyes, "You underestimate your abilities, Selene."

               "They're taken for granted. By people like you."