CHAPTER NINE.

ethereal !
9. ( found god at the bottom of a bottle of vodka ! )

      DISHES CLASHED TOGETHER WHILE LEILANI TOOK HER RESPECTIVE SEAT BESIDE her fake boyfriend for the day, a bottle of water beside her

DISHES CLASHED TOGETHER WHILE LEILANI TOOK HER RESPECTIVE SEAT BESIDE her fake boyfriend for the day, a bottle of water beside her. Leilani was forced to sober up, although she knew Damon was her ride home, so she didn't actually need to sober up for anything in particular. She had found refuge at the bottom of her bottle of vodka and solstice within self-destruction; her mother wouldn't be proud, but Leilani was doing all of this to forget her mother. Forget the woman that brung her up and made sure she was safe. Forget how she killed said woman.

The pie smelled delicious and enticing. Leilani wanted to dig into it the second it was placed at the table, but she knew her manners and waited patiently for somebody to cut it up, with the silver cutlery that Elena had pulled out for wow factor purposes.

"Mason, why don't you start us off?" Damon suggested inconspicuously; this was all an act to detect if Mason Lockwood was indeed the werewolf he was looking for. It was silent for an ephemeral moment, until Mason responded in a casual tone.

"Sure." Instead of using the knife like any other rational human being, Mason picked it up with his hands. Leilani raised an eyebrow in distaste; that was anything but hygienic. He chuckled at Leilani's disgusted expression, feeling somewhat embarrassed, "I apologise, I'm an animal."

"So Mason, you and Jenna never dated?" Alaric questioned in an equally interested tone, he wanted to know what his girlfriend was like before she had met him. And also what Mason was like; but that was not of importance, Damon was handling it with ease.

"She was always lost in Logan Fell land." Mason responded teasingly, noticing Jenna's glare at the mention of Logan Fell. He was a well-known fuckboy, his younger years were mostly having sex and showing off his wealth. It would be a shame if he passed away, 'accidentally'. Leilani mentally noted down to kill him someday, or rather, mesmerise somebody else to do it. Less bloodshed, and Leilani didn't have time to be wiping blood off floors anymore, she already was caught up with Martha's blood.

"My first mistake. Mason was a catch; he had girls lining up." Jenna claimed amusedly, shooting Mason a mocking look. The dinner was pleasant, just a bunch of 'adults' conversing about their childhood. Leilani was busy digging into her pie, she didn't really feel like speaking.

"Really? I always pegged you as a lone wolf." Damon interjected, using the casual saying to get his point across. Leilani pursed her lips to prevent herself from laughing; Damon was bound to make this messy, and it was heading for him at an insatiable speed.

"I'm sure I wasn't half the lady killer you wer—" Mason was cut off when Leilani burst into fits of laughter, her cheeks turning a bright red. Damon inhaled sharply while Caroline strolled in the kitchen, her eyes landing on her newfound best friend.