chapter three.

CHAPTER THREE,
    REMEMBERED.   

Parties in Mystic Falls were always overrated

Parties in Mystic Falls were always overrated. Hearing the news of an upcoming Founder's party, the streets of Mystic Falls were absolutely swarmed with townspeople, traipsing around and hurrying to buy the most elegant or sophisticated dresses for this party. Selene Bennett was trailing behind amongst the crowd, unbothered. She'd made the wise decision to reserve her dress three days prior, knowing the bustle of the streets downtown would be mayhem.

"I don't see why we can't just . . . stay home and watch Netflix all night long?" A tiresome brunette suggests to her younger cousin, the dismay displayed across her countenance about the party making Bonnie realise that Selene isn't remotely impressed with this Founder's gathering at the Lockwood mansion. Both Bennetts stroll languidly down the street, despite the growing bustle around them, chatting icily about the party. If it weren't for Bonnie's consistent persisting and begging for Selene to join her, then the aforementioned curly headed goddess would be neck deep in pizza boxes by now.

"Because," Bonnie drawls out, nudging a disconsolate Selene encouragingly, grinning widely at her cousin. Selene manages a weak smile in response, gesturing for the newfound witch to elaborate. "I already signed you up for every party there is. Just like me, your name will be scrawled down on there congrats!"

Selene rolls her eyes in exasperation, grabbing Bonnie's hand and navigating her way quickly though the street. She wordlessly pushes past a plethora of people, despite them giving her unnaturally dirty looks. All the supernatural girl wanted to do was to pick her dress up and prepare herself properly for tomorrow, which happened to be looming eerily over her, making Selene regret ever coming to Mystic Falls. If there's anything she didn't miss about this rural, unapologetically nefarious town, is the parties. They were dreadful.

"Why are we rushing?" Bonnie exclaims, unwillingly being hauled along through the tides of people. The teenagers glare and yell profanities while clutching tenaciously onto their horrid dresses, while adults scoff in disgust, muttering about delinquents in this town. "You reserved your dress for a reason!"

"I know," Selene flashes a devious smile Bonnie's way, and the latter already knows the upcoming words: they're something along the lines of a joke but awful. "But you know there's gonna be that one middle aged woman named Susan who is trying her hardest to look young again. I can picture her grappling my dress with cougar claws."

A whimsical laugh emits from Bonnie's lips as she allows Selene to haul her along, knowing that in Mystic Falls, it's true.