Chapter 3 -- Lucey's POV

Lucey's POV

"Put the toaster in the box!"

"Which box? We are surrounded by boxes, Lucey." Sarina complained to my vague answer. Sad. No toast in the morning. I like toast with my tea. I like toast with my air, really.

"I know! I feel like we are playing fort!" I giggled like a four year old then started hiding.

 "I wanna play!" Sarina begged. And this, ladies and gents, explained why we are best friends.

"Ok! You take that half and I'll take this half of the fortress!" I instructed. We moved the boxes and stacked them until we had achieved a castle. We haven't heard from Louis yet, but either way we had to pack up all our stuff. I haven't even thought about what we are going to do if he says we can't move in. But right now, I don't really want to think about that. I just want to play forts!

"No fair! Yours is bigger!" Sarina crossed her arms and turned her back to me. I just stuck my tongue out at her.

"Not my fault you don't own as much crap as I do!" I teased. She gives me the puppy dog face. "Awh FINE!" I hand over six boxes and she places them strategically. We continued to hide in our castles until someone knocks on our door.

"Who is it?" I sing song from my safe spot in the boxes.

"CHARLIE!" He barked. Man, what does he want now? We still have plenty of time to move.

"Um.. Yo no hablo Inglés?" I yelled back, attempting to throw him off but something was telling me he caught my bluff. Sarina looked at me with wide and concerned eyes and I shrugged my shoulders. I was equally as confused as she was. Charlie didn't respond, but he continued to bang on the door. Rather obnoxiously. Why doesn't Mr. Fudge yell at him? Why does he only yell at us? I think I am offended. Sarina and I shared looks of defeat and we take the walk of shame to the front door. I swing it wide open and to my surprise, it isn't Charlie, but my goofy brother. "LOUIS!" I leaped into his arms and he wrapped his arms around me and he spun around a couple times. When he set me down I brushed my crazy blonde hair out of my face to get a good look at him.

"Hey Lucey. Hey Sarina." He looked my friend up and down and smirked. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and when his eyes met mine, his cheeks burned deep crimson. Weirdo.

"Hey Louis!" Sarina said/yelled and waved her right hand rapidly. Bless her awkward, star struck heart.

"You kids get off my lawn!" I heard Mr. Fudge shout from beneath us while beating his broom against the ceiling. Yep. Defiantly offended now.

"Mr. Fudge we are not on your lawn! I am on the floor above you which does not qualify as your lawn." I, in frustration, stomp my right foot on the floor that was above him.  Come to think of it, we don’t even have lawns in this apartment complex area! Just sidewalks made of concrete.

"Awh shut up!" He 'nicely' replied back. Sarina and I burst into laughter at the look on Louis's face.

"And you two enjoyed living here because...?"

"We had each other." I answered him and Sarina and I hugged each other like the adorable kids we are. He sends us a lopsided smile before joining the group hug. It would have been sweet, except Sarina was radiating 'uncomfortable' off her. She was kind of squirming around and Louis and I exchanged evil smiles before squeezing her in the middle of us, which made her fidget even more. Plan=sucsess.

"So?" I said to Louis once we were done with our hug. I was trying very hard to contain my laughter at the dirty looks Sarina was shooting me.

"So, what?" Louis asked me, confused at what I was obviously implying. It’s not like there were life changing decision the line or anything. But regardless of the serious situation, Sarina and I exchanged looks before bursting into song.