Chapter 1 -- Lucey's POV

Lucey's P.O.V

I have let my lashes flutter open as I break from a sleep. The sun rays peered through my blinds and instantly stung my tired eyes.

"Oh God!" I shut my eyes and throw the comforter over my head and bury my face back into the pillow. So soft. So warm. I allowed myself to go back into dreamland.

"LUCEY!" That would be the voice of my flat mate and best friend, Sarina.

"Die." My usual morning charm appeared. I ignored her shaking my body and continued playing dead.

"Check the time." She stated simply. I allowed my eyes to barely peer through the covers. 7:45 a.m.

"Crap on crap!" I shot out of the bed and jumped towards my closet and shuffled through the mess until I unburied my work uniform which consisted of khakis at fingertip length, which is practically down to my knees. Tall girl problems. I threw on my green work t-shirt and clipped my name tag to it. I looked into the mirror and practically growled at the reflection in front of me. My super curly blonde hair represented something of what would happen if my hair got back over by a car. Forty six times. I wrapped it into a ballerina bun. No time for a shower. And swept on a minimal amount of makeup while I brush my teeth, not the best combination. I ended up stabbing my eye with mascara twice. I rushed towards the door, and grabbed Nutella-less toast on the way out. Sad. And it was burnt!

"Forgetting something?" Sarina was dangling my hideous white work trainers in her hands by the laces. I nodded and try to speak buy my mouth was being occupied by toast at the moment. She chuckled at me and tossed them my way. I grabbed the knob of our flat door and swung it open and rushed out, attempting to run and put on shoes at the same time.

"Where would I be without you, love?" I called back to my best friend who was currently standing in the doorway that I left open, and shook her head at me.

"You'd probably lose your head and never be able to find it!" She shouted back. I laughed and head down the massive flights of stairs. The elevator would have taken too long. I exited the building and swiftly slid right into my crappy car. The radio instantly came on and it blared into my ears.

"No! To early for loud!" I shouted at the radio and turned down the volume to very low, but still audible. I have this problem every morning. I would blare my music late at night and then every morning the radio would be set to max volume and make my ears bleed. Then at night I cranked it back up again. I never learn. I jammed the keys in the ignition and peeled out of my spot, the tires squealing against the pavement. 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction came on the radio. I chuckled and sang along. I continue to drive on the road into the heart of Doncaster. After school ended, Sarina and I moved into a cheap place in the outskirts because we couldn't afford anything in the city.

"Damn it." I mumble to myself when I see the traffic in front of me. There is no way I am getting to work on time. Again. I heaved out a big huff of frustrated breath. I dug my fingertips into the steering wheel and wait for the cars to clear up. I tried to keep my eyes way from the clock, knowing very well I'd have a panic attack if I saw how close it was to my shift time. I kept staring straight ahead but nothing exciting enough was happening to keep my eyes away. I slowly, and stupidly, allowed my eyes to look at the clock. 7:57. "No no no no noooo!" I shouted at the clock. I pounded my fists out of anger and I hit the horn, which I wasn't expecting and it scared the poop out of me. I screamed and I jumped back. I am sure the people in the car next to me considered calling the mental hospital. Maybe I have gone mad. Who knows. Man I have got to get out of this car! My shift started six minutes ago! Finally some cars in front of me have started moving and the traffic disappeared and I thanked the lord. Literally. I was shouting "Thank you Jesus Christ!" alone in my car and of course, the people in the car were staring at me like a nutcase. I sped over the limit and parked in the employing parking lot. I grabbed my keys and card to get in and my lunch. Wait. No lunch. I forgot. Why must I be so unorganized? I had to work a double shift on a piece of burnt toast. Great. I sprinted, well...sort of, up the stairs into the aquarium doors. I run into the women's locker room and out my keys in my locker. My locker door was plastered with pictures of Sarina and I. Sarina was my better half, honestly. She kept me on track but no one had more fun than us when we were together. She has gorgeous, straight chocolate brown hair and matching brown eyes. Overall, she was a beautiful girl and I sometimes feel insecure around her. I stopped admiring all of our goofy photos and make a bee line for the break room to sign in. I head towards the touch screen the computer.