Prologue

After years in the military I am now finally going home to my family. My lovely wife, Lauren Michelle Jauregui, and out two adopted kids Alice, whos now 8, and Mickey, who will be 10 now. Christmas time was coming tomorrow as well, this would make the perfect gift for my family. I did get extra for them too.

"Thanks you for the lift." I say to the taxi driver as I hand him the money for the ride. His gray hair covering his face.

"No, thank you for your service." he says back to me showing a smile. He left soon after I got my bags, and along over my shoulder. I stared up St the familiar brick house I knew my wife would be in. A smile upon my face as I bean my ascension to the front door. I reached up to knock but realized she would probably be asleep at this time, so I used our spare key we hid under a flower pot, and used it to open the door.

It was silent as I stepped inside, pictures of my family framing the walls as I walked by. I placed my bag down by the couch and quietly crept up the stairs to the bedroom where I hoped my wife would be at. I stepped to the familiar door I haven't seen in years, and placed my hand upon the handle. I squeezed the knob and twisted it slowly to stop any noise and pushed the door open slowly.

As it opened up I could faintly see my wife laying on the bed, back to the door. But as the door began to fully open I saw another figure in the bed next to her.

"I love you, Alex." I hear my wife's voice say as she pressed her lips against the unfamiliar mans lips. A gasp escaping my lips as I stared at them. It must have alerted them because they least apart and looked to the doorway. Lauren's face was one of shock, as she saw it was me St the door. "Y/n...." she quietly said, as if not believing it was me.

"Merry Christmas, Lauren..." I sadly say back to her. I look back at my hand and slowly tug the wedding ring off. "Goodbye..." I say before dropping it onto the floor and rushing out of there. Tests welling in my eyes as I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the house and down the street.

I stopped blocks away and pulled out my phone and dialed a friend.

"Hello?"

This sucks lol enjoy.