68. Expired food

It's been four days since Galilea's painful memory. Olivia was called to the tower and talked with Gali about the whole thing. The Stark girl felt better after the talk and Olivia slowly began to explain to Galilea that Castiel isn't the good guy.

The doctor told the team how they can help the second youngest Avenger. So they talked with Galilea and carefully and slowly told her how Castiel looks from their point of view. They were careful as they spoke, they don't want Galilea to shut them out or to become defensive like she's done in the past.

Slowly Galilea began to see things clearly but there's still something on the back of her mind that tells her that Castiel is her friend. She's trying hard and the team knows it. Also what they're trying to do is to keep themselves under control. They don't want to overwhelm Galilea with all their craziness like last time.

So they're all casually sprawled around the floor, either on their computers or phones, sitting at the table eating and playing cards. It was extremely calm for the Avengers.

"What's wrong? What did you guys do? What did you break?" Galilea narrowed her eyes at the team.

"Nothing's wrong" Sam spoke up.

"Nothing's broken!" Clint hastily replied "why- why would you ask that?" He nervously chuckled. Galilea eyed the archer but said nothing.

"Why is everyone so calm? It's weird. It's... Unnatural" she concluded.

They all glanced at one another "we don't want to upset you" Rhodey told the girl.

Galilea smiled "guys you don't need to change your ways to make me feel better. You don't need to walk on eggshells around me. Anything can trigger a memory. I mean the cards" she pointed at the cards on the table "Castiel and I used to play all the time. He let me win a couple times. And then one time I got mad at him because he beat me three times in a row and I crushed his pretzels" Galilea smiled as she remembered that occasion. She saw the looks everyone is giving her and dropped the smile.

"Sorry. But look, you guys be you. I miss the noise. It's too quiet" Galilea told the team and began to walk towards the kitchen "but hey" she stopped and faced them again "if you want I can tell you guys about the time I kicked the Winter Soldier where the sun don't shine" she tried to lighten up the mood, even if it is with a story about her hurting her friend "but then he took a swing at me. I think I got a concussion that day" Galilea rubbed her head and walked over to the kitchen.

The team was left in confusion "did she take more than two puffs of her inhaler?" Jane questioned, trying to figure out why Galilea casually began to tell them stories about her time with Hydra.

"I think she was eating those grapes that went bad" Bruce muttered.

"No that was us" Kamilla reminded her boyfriend "oh right" he nodded.

"It's probably the pain medication she's been taking" Natasha suggested as she ate a mixture of dried fruit with almonds.

"Or she's finally opening up to us and feels comfortable enough to tell us about her time with Hydra" Steve optimistically said.

"Sure" Rhodey nodded "why not?"

Galilea walked out of the kitchen and clicked her tongue as she tried to get a disgusting taste out of her mouth "Gosh, when was the last time you guys checked the fridge?" She asked the team.

"I don't know" Tony shrugged "why?"

"Everything in the refrigerator is expired" Galilea pointed a finger at the direction of the kitchen.

"No it's not!" Sam waved her off.

Galilea dropped her hand and stared at Sam "it's like Joey and Chandler's refrigerator from Friends. Expired products everywhere!"