66. Mario Kart

"So faking your death huh?"

Phil laughed and shook his head "You're not letting that go, aren't you?" He asked the girl next to him.

"Never" Galilea answered.

"I'm sorry" he apologized.

"If you really want me to forgive you you'll have to buy me lunch" Gali negotiated.

"Alright" Phil agreed "oh there's a step there-"

"Phil, please, I can walk on my own" Gali placed a hand on Phil's shoulder to hold him back. Galilea carefully stepped down and continued walking with Phil.

It was a beautiful sunny day and now that Galilea is able to get out of bed, she decided to take a walk with her favorite Shield agent. They walked outside the compound, in the small garden and they caught up on things.

Galilea remembers when she first met Phil. It was back in California after her brother was under house arrest. Tony found him a bit annoying at first but Galilea liked him. She was sad when Phil had to leave to New Mexico but they kept in contact.

Phil always made sure that Galilea was alright. That she didn't get into too much trouble, that she was eating and going out, especially after her breakup with Justin. Slowly, Galilea came to see Phil Coulson as a father figure but she never told him. She never had the chance too since she thought that Loki had killed him. But there he is now, breathing, walking, exasperated father of a team called the Avengers. He's alive and well.

"I'm sorry Phil, it's just I feel like everyone is coddling me. Even Fury!" Galilea sighed.

"I've never seen him like that. He yelled at us because we were being too loud" Phil said. Gali sniggered.

"Deep down Nicholas Fury is a teddy bear. He never misses my birthday. And college graduation he was right there in the crowd like a proud father. I actually think he shouted 'that's my baby!' But don't tell him I said that because he will deny it" Galilea quietly said.

Phil smiled "don't worry, I won't"

They continued to walk and Galilea was beginning to feel much better. It wasn't just the walk, it was the resting and medication and of course the junk food. She might be getting better but in the back of her mind she can't help but miss Castiel.

She misses seeing him everyday and making fun of him. She misses playing cards with him and playing for pretzels. How he would stop Mariana from hurting her and being the friend she needed while she was in the compound.

Doctor Grey has talked with Gali about Castiel but sometimes she gets defensive and ends the conversation. Who she doesn't miss tho, are Richard and Mariana. Those two can burn in hell. She thought.

Phil and Galilea walked through the halls of Shield and didn't encounter any stray Avengers. No frisbees flying through the air. No people crowded at the vending machines. No shouting and running and an angry Fury chasing after the grown adults acting like children. It was weird for the place to be so quiet. Only Shield employees walking around and being serious.

"Where's the team?" Galilea asked Phil.

"Trying to track down Hydra. Trying to get that tablet to work" he informed "Peter is teaching Thor how to use a phone. And Steve and Tony are in some kind of Twitter war"

Galilea sighed and rolled her eyes "I shouldn't have taught Steve how to use Twitter" she breathed out.

"Well at least he doesn't know about tumblr" Phil shrugged.

Gali furrowed her eyebrows "how do you know about tumblr?"

"I had to do something when I was in the hospital"