21. Her knight in the shinning armor

Start from the beginning

"Do you have painkillers and you know... everything else?" He asked, hesitantly as they made their way out of the school campus.

She silently nodded as she laid her head on his chest.

"Try to sleep Faye. I will take you home." And he dropped her in the passenger seat before walking to the other side of his car.
************************************

She walked out of the shower, a bathrobe lunging to her body.

She was feeling a lot better now. Her stomach pain was finally vanishing and her sickness was finally decreasing.

"Hey. I thought you will need these." River barged into the room but as soon as he saw her, his eyes narrowed by a fraction and he instantly shut the door.

"Wait." And as fast as she can, she slipped on some warm pyjamas and a sweatshirt.

"Ummm, you can come now." She said, clearing her throat.

River opened the door once again, a small nervous smile tugging in her lips, "Feeling better?" He asked as he sat the soup on the table, his hands making its way to his pockets.

"Much better." She said, nodding, a small smile visible on her lips.

"Well, I brought these..." And he extended his hand, revealing the box of tampons. His cheeks were burning and he was looking at everything but her.

"Um, ah, thanks." She blurted out, she herself fidgeting, finding words to say.

She took the box from him and placed it in her bed.

"Well, get some sleep, you will feel better. Do not forget the soup. I know you hate tomato, but it's good for you. I will be downstairs if you will need me." Saying that, he was just about to go out when she wrapped her hand around his wrist.

"River." Her voice was hesitant and she didn't know whether she should ask him the thing that was running in her mind.

"Yah?" He asked, confused.

"What are we?" The question made River stunt and he looked at her, as if searching for something.

"What do you mean?" He asked, chuckling nervously.

"I meant to ask, well, are we friends? I mean, after all the shit that happened with us, you know all the things that Stacey did to ruin our relationship, we kind of become something else. We, we used to be best friends and suddenly, we just were not... I started to hate you, damn, how I hated you... I just do not know, what we are." She let it all out in one breath and when she was done, her eyes narrowed.

River stood there, frozen, taking it all in.

She let his hands go and gasped. They didn't have that conversation since a long time ago and somewhere, it was too delicate for them.

"I forgave you a long time ago, I know you didn't. Somewhere, my mistakes are not meant to be forgiven. And talking about what we are. To be honest, I do not know where we stand anymore. I would love to be your friend once again, I would love to be what we were, but only if you want to." He said, gulping as his eyes made its way to the floor.

"You forgave me, you forgave me even when I ruined everything. You were always there when I needed you, you are here when I need someone to throw my tantrums to, you are always here, River, whereas I wasn't, I was not, I was not when you needed me the most. I... I do not know what to say, I... I am sorry, I am so so so so sorry." And tears roll down from her eyes as she broke down, practically falling on her knees.

"Hey, shh..." He sat on the floor, in front of her, "I missed you, you know." And he wrapped his arms around her, taking her in his embrace.

"Everything... everything changed after all those shit." She said, fat tears falling out of her eyes.

"Hey, hey, stop with the tears sunshine. Queens do not cry. And no, nothing changed, nothing changed between us, aha? Nothing has to change between us..." He said, running his hands through her blonde locks, inhaling her vanilla scent.

Dreadful memories were running through their minds, the events that had made Faye hate River were running through their minds. The time when they did not talk, the time when they did not even look at each other were running in their minds. They were sorry, sorry for all the things that they did to each other and somewhere, they were ready to forgive, forgive each other for what they did.

"I missed you." He said, kissing the top of her head and carrying her bridal style to the bed.

"I missed you too." She said, wiping the tears from the hem of her shirt.

He safely landed her in the bed and smiled softly at her, "So, I was thinking, do you want to go to the fair next town today?"

"Today..." And a grin made its way to her lips as she nodded, tears of happiness flowing through her eyes.

"You don't know how much I missed you River Blake." And she wrapped her arms around him tightly, with a promise to never let go of him, never.
************************************

Merry Christmas my munchkin. I hope you all are having a great great great day and hopefully will have happy holidays.

Damn, this year is finally coming to an end.

Alright, so I know this chapter is a little bit confusing, damn, its too confusing. Too much of secrets, too much of untold events.

Do not worry guys, this is just a filler, things are going to be revealed in its own way.

Until next time,

@tomboy_16