Chapter 35: No Hope

"Sang get down here now!" my mother yells as I make my way downstairs, her hair is thick with sweat and greasy her eyes are glazed over from whatever pills she took and she smells of sweat and sickness, I have to resist the urge to gag.

"Yes Mother?" I say without looking into her eyes, but I can see the cruel sneer on her face.

"You talked to a boy today at the bus stop, I saw you did you open your little whore legs for him two," she sneers as she grabs my hair with more strength then you could think a sick person has.

"No mother, he just asked if I liked the street," I lie Kota and Nathen where at the bus stop there are my friends but I can't tell her that, I'm not allowed to talk to anyone, sometimes I used to go months without speaking a word didn't stop the punishments though.

"Lies, I will teach you to lie, whore just like her a little whore," she spits in to my face as she screams at me, still dragging me around the kitchen.

She throws a glass on to the floor smashing it before sweeping the peace's in to a pile, "Kneel whore."

She kicks the back of my leg causing me to land on the glass hard, but I don't make a noise she like it when I scream, she moves around the kitchen before coming back with a glass filled with lemon juice and vinger.

She grabs my face forcing my head back with a snap before pouring it down my throat, tears spring free from my eyes as I burns and I start to gag once its done, I throw up again and again only making the pain and the burning worse.

"Stay there in your sick until I tell you otherwise," she screams as she walks away.

But then she stops and turns before rushing back toward me and kicks me in the back but I cant even cry out she took away my voice as she kicks me again and again as I scream silently begging for the end.

I bolt upright and scream, tears pouring down my checks as I try and make since of where I am the door at the end of the cabin swings open and closed allowing the cool night air inside, how long did I sleep it feels like longer than one night.

After going to the bathroom I look at the little clock on the wall it says 10:30 but I only went to sleep well after midnight and its still dark outside wait I slept for a whole day I wasted a whole day so this is now day five and no one has come.

I hear thunder in the distance and I know a storm is coming the boat is shaking and groaning, the light is swaying a little, I try and reach the door so I can shut it to stop the ice cold air that's balsting in but the chain won't go far enough, I take the last bottle of water of the side and take a long drink.

I can't surrive with out water I just can't, I go and sit on the bed and cry.

"We are going to die, no food, no water, I'm so sorry little bears you will never even get a chance to live," I says as I rub my bump they have been moving around a lot so at least I know for now there ok, there hungey my tummy rumbbles at the thought of a stake.

I look around the room as the light gleams something small on the floor I pick it up, a nail, small enough to pick the lock on the padlock on my neck.

I sit back down as I try and remember what Luke told me about picking locks and after thirty or so tries I'm ready to give up and then I hear the lock click and the padlock falls down on the floor with a thud.

I make my way to the door and look out at the ocean as my eyes see the lighthouse and the twinkling lights of the shore its far and its raining hard the waves smash against the boat. I go to the front and find the wheel it needs a key shit how the hell I'm I going to get out of here.

I spot a radio and turn it on nothing I pull the box out to see all the wires have been cut, I look around for the other boats I saw the day Axel took me to the Aquarium but there are none here just darkened ocean and the stars and the lighthouse light that goes around oking me from the shore.

A huge wave crashes in to the boat and lighting lights up the sky in the distance as water sheeps though my pants I run back into the little cabin under the boat the floor is flooded with water as I make my way toward the cupboard I couldn't reach before.

I open it to find a life jacket and I tug it over my head and pull the cord, good the boat rocks violently and I almost fall as water comes rushing down the stairs and all the lights in the boat go off.

I slowly make my way back upstairs I just make my to the top before another wave of freezing water goes rushing down the stairs and I look back to see it would be up to my waist the boat is going to sink.

I'm shivering from the ice water that has seeeped though my pants as I try and decide what to I should do, Axel said riptides littered this beach and its dark would there even be any one of the beach at this time of night but what else I'm I going to do go down with the boat, or take my chance in the water.

The boat almost tips as another wave smashes in to the side almost causing me to go over, shit I have to jump I know I do but will I be able to reach the shore, either way I have to try for my babies they are they only thing keeping me going, I run and jump in to the water as far away from the boat as I can.

Its like ice hits me everywhere as I start to swim but the shore is a long way off and the waves are bigger than me.