Chapter 30

Lauren's POV

"Will you do me the absolute honor of being my wife?" I finally asked Demi as I was down on one knee, lifting up the box lid to reveal the diamond ring. We were on our morning hike where I knew she'd least expect me to pop the question.

"Oh my god," she was frozen as she looked down at me. But while I couldn't determine if she was going to say yes or no, I had to convince her.

"I know it's been only eight months, but I've loved every minute of it spent with you," I pushed, causing her eyes to glisten and her hands cover her mouth. "And I want many more minutes, months, and years with you till we take our last breath."

Her lips thankfully curved into a smile, "Lauren... oh my god, baby." She lowered her head, laughing which I grew scared of. "Of course I will be your wife. A thousand times yes!"

It felt like a blur after that. We were hugging, kissing, sliding the gorgeous ring on her finger that fit perfectly. And it felt like a dream come true. Well, I thought. I thought it would feel a little bit more fulfilling. But it didn't matter what I thought or how I felt. This was the right move.

______________________

Narrator's POV

"This is the big thing everyone's been talking about today. Earlier this morning, popstar Demi Lovato posted a new Instagram picture, showing off a dazzling diamond engagement ring as she and Lauren Jauregui have just announced their engagement together."

During the jet ride to Paris, everything was laid back and chill until Dinah snapped her up at the TV screen, showing the big news. A horrified expression overtook with a dropped down jaw in disbelief. "What the actual fuck?!" she whisper yelled, tossing her Vogue magazine to the side.

"Does Camila know yet?" Nick opened the door to enter the lounge.

"No, she's still sleeping," Dinah looked even more in panic.

They both quickly rushed over to where Camila was fast asleep in her private bedroom. "Mila! Mila! Mila! Wake the fuck up!" Dinah snatched open the door and picked up a big pillow to hit the designer with.

"Ow, what the hell do you want?!" Camila whined, lifting up her sleeping mask.

"Mila, this is important," Nick braced himself.

"Look at this!" Dinah raised her iPhone screen to her, showing her the horrific photo of Demi, Lauren and the engagement ring.

Sitting up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and squinting at the screen, "What?" Demi, Lauren, ring... engaged was the only thing that stood out. Frowning, "...This is fake, right? One of those manips?" she handed the phone back over to her best friend.

"Honey, I wish," Nick shook his head and Dinah winced. "This happened just this morning."

"I had no idea, Mila. No one did," the blonde closed her eyes as her own heart broke.

The initial feeling Camila had was denial. She didn't know if she could believe it or if she just refused to accept the fact that Lauren literally went out and bought a Tiffany ring to propose to Demi. There was no way. They just talked last night and there was no mention of it.

Wait.

Lauren left from her estate before she had the chance to say what she wanted to say to Camila. Maybe that was what she wanted to talk about. If it wasn't for stupid, annoying Don maybe this wouldn't be happening. "No," she fell back onto the bed, biting back her quivering lips. Camila covered her face with her hand, trying to stop the emotions and tears. "No, this isn't real."