[Vol.2] Ch. 1 - Distress

Author: undefmidi

2017

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

A/N – Sorry for the LONG wait... I was doing some hard exams, so I couldn't do anything about it...

Also, spot the reference.

This is my second fanfic, I hope you like it!

And if you like it, please share it!

...

[Vol.2] Chapter 1 – Distress

"They attacked us again, huh... It's getting more frequent." – Said a person with a low-pitched and raspy voice.

"Yeah... I wonder if we'll use Etsuko's quirk again?" – A high-pitched voice responded, adding their own question.

"Probably... Let's wait and see." – The raspy voice responded.

Ending their conversation, another figure appeared. A man with flaming messy red hair and a scar along the neck. His eyes were even redder, shining with the well-illuminated room. He wore a black long-sleeves shirt, which had some grey patterns along the forearms. It also had a high collar, hiding his neck. Above the shirt, he wore some small pieces of pitch-black armor, which didn't hinder his movements, allowing for him to fight without restraints. They didn't look heavy at all, but at the touch, you could feel that they were, indeed, heavy. Along with those, he also wore long black trousers, combining with the knee-high combat boots.

Intimidating... That's one way to describe the aura that he emanated. The room silenced with his presence, not daring to speak without his consent.

Looking from one side of the room to the other, the man continued his way. Arriving there, he was already greeted by who he was searching for.

"Hello, Rei." – Said a sweet, young yet mature, voice of a woman. She had short blue hair that hit her shoulders, and some blue circular patterns across her face, strangely complementing her azure eyes and blue hair.

She wore a white dress with a blue hue, which got along really well with her overall appearance. Her azure eyes shone blue mysteriously.

"Greetings, Riko." – Said Rei, bowing slightly.

"The attacks from Shinodan are getting more frequent recently, haven't they?" – She said, looking straight into the man's eyes.

"Yes, they have..." – Rei responded, looking at the ceiling, pondering about the matter he needs to address... And also about Riko's own safety.

A small, yet noticeable pause ensued. She knew already what he'd have to ask... He was hesitant...

"Could you please..." – He tried, but what he wanted to say didn't come out.

She smiled and walked towards him. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she hugged him closer.

"Don't worry... It's just a month... I'm also looking for the others, aren't I?" – She said, hugging tighter.

Truth be told, he was really hesitant about asking her to use her quirk. Why? You may ask... Etsuko Riko's quirk is Clairvoyance, a rather unique quirk. It allows its user to look at certain events in the future, such as "X person's death". The quirk will provide the user with a vision containing all the details from that event. It's a really useful quirk... But also inconvenient for the user.

After the usage of said quirk, the user will lose their sight for a whole month, thirty days to be exact, along with the inability of using the quirk during that period...

The thing is that Riko is also an artist, using her sights to paint... Her paintings are appreciated by everyone there... Her alias is "Mirai".

"..." – Rei was silent. He knew her quirk had to be used, as to prevent the fall of their group – Hikobare, as their rival, Shinodan began to attack other HQs from them... But he also wanted her to continue painting. The thing she loved, and...

"Mother can wait for a month... She'd understand..." – Riko said, reassuring him.

... The only thing left to her by her mother before her death. The only way for Etsuko to connect with her mother. Every streak of paint engraved on a blank canvas. Every detail added. Every stroke with the paint-brush... They were her way of talking to her mother.

Without her sights, she couldn't do that.

And Rei knew it.

Rei Yuudai cared for his subordinates, or rather... Companions. He treated each one with respect and also strictness. He was basically a father figure of Hikobare – A group that could be called a mafia. Dangerous, Merciless and could do anything for their objective.

"Let's not delay it, Rei... I'll use it now..." – Riko said, letting go of Rei.

He nodded, grabbing her hand and bringing her to sit on a comfortable-looking chair.

Without uttering a single word, she lifted both of her arms, touching her temples with her index and middle fingers at both sides. A faint azure light shone from her blue patterns, as she closed her eyes.

After a couple of minutes of pure silence and standstill, Etsuko's face could be seen as clearly in distress. Sweat poured down on her face to her cheeks, to her chin, and to the ground. Her eyes shot open. What once was a beautiful azure, was currently a greyish dark blue.

"R-Riko?" – Rei asked, worried.

She didn't move her head, but her mouth moved.

"B-By a blonde girl... Sharp teeth... Bloodlust-filled eyes... Splattered blood... Blood... Blood... Sailor Uniform... Messy pigtails... A green-haired boy... Rei... Hikobare... destroyed..." – She said, sweat still pouring down, and her face in despair.

Rei immediately grabbed her hand, and gently caressed it. She desperately clung to it, bringing her head towards his chest. Her eyes still wide-open

"Call Akira. Now! ... Everyone search for the descriptions of the girl! Also, search for blood-related quirks. Dangerous ones!" – He said, distressed.

Looking back at Riko, he placed his chin above her head.

"Shh... Don't worry, Ri-chan... I'll protect you... I'll protect everyone..." – Rei said, hugging her closer, not letting go.

She nodded shaking... She must've seen something gruesome.

...

While that happened, the 1-A students were currently having classes. Peacefully, they either listened to what the teacher was saying, or ignored it completely and gave in to their tiredness.

Over the course of a week, Toga had gotten used to the school, as well as the majority of the students. She gained trust from the classmates, and also trusted them. Slowly, she was getting less psychotic, controlling her emotions better... Though she would never get rid of that possessive and passive to aggressive personality. People noticed her change.

Izuku was still trying to get used to his new quirk, Overdrive. A quirk which allowed the user to lose the feeling of "Pain" for a limited period of time. The drawback though was the fact that the pain would come all at once after the effects run out, effectively a double-edged sword.

Things have been looking great for them... But for how long?

How long will it last?

...

Thank you for reading, and also sorry for the short chapter... I promise the other chapters will be bigger don't worry... I mean, I DID write an 8k long One Shot about Izuku x Rem (Re:Zero), so it is to be expected...

Also, tomorrow is my Birthday...

By the way... After this volume/book ends, be prepared to ball your eyes out. You'll – Probably – cry.

Cough - Anime_MultiPlay - Cough