Nine|Secrets In The Past

Topaz

The unexpected sharp thud of a knock on the door caught my attention. I groan rolling over out the bed, heading straight to the door. Who the hell could that be knocking on my door at 4 in the morning. I open the door slowly, stunned to see Jarvis. "What bring you by?" I cleared my throat.

His eyes became pure dark before yelling, "you killed my son!" He wrap his hands around my neck, pushing my back to the wall.

"S..." I couldn't speak, I could feel my body getting numb as I tried to breathe for air. "I.."

BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!

My eyes shot open, I was scared and entreaged by my own nightmare. I wipe the sweat from my forehead as I thought about my dream. What did that meant? A goodnight sleep was becoming a distant memory for me. At first I would brush it off and go back to sleep but now I couldn't think clearly, and was afraid to go back to sleep. My secrets in the past was slowly starting to hunt me.

I roll over the bed, hitting the cold hard wooden floor. It been two days, and I haven't heard from Jarvis. A part of me wanted to pop up and see if he was okay, but my guts was telling me not to. Following my guts, I stood up and got myself together, taking a shower, doing my hygiene, and putting my hair up into a big messy bun.

"Topaz?" My mom yell my name from the outside of my door.

"Huh?"

She walk inside my room giving me the most disappointed look ever.

"I felt deep down in my soul that I needed to have a talk with you." Her face twisted into a frown.

I walk outside of my bathroom clad in a white crop tank top, and a pair of blue ripped jeans. "About what?" I replied slowly.

"You missing church all this week and last week. You coming home late at night, and not to mention the time you being spending with Jarvis. You know he is a married man right?"

"Of course I know, we just friends mom. I don't see what the big deal."

"The big deal is you missing the word of God to hang out with a boy."

"Man." I corrected her as she stared at me in shock.

"Well whatever, all I know is you better change or I'm going to have to ask you to lay things off with Jarvis." She threaten.

I suck my teeth as I glared at her crazy. "I am twenty-five years old and yet you treat me like a child. I have no kids, never have I had a boyfriend, and I'm still a virgin."

"What is you trying to say?" She folded her arms.

"I just want to live my own life mom, I want to be freed, and travel all over the world, but how can I do that if your controlling my life?" I barked.

"Hey, hey, what the big fuss about?" My dad came rushing in disturbing our small argument.

"Nothing, may I have a word with you Anthony." She yank my dad by his arm, pulling him out of the room. I tried to listen but they was whispering to low. All I heard was, "well she do got a point Shanell, maybe we can put her with that boy... What's his name? Ermmm... Oh yeah Dale!, the boy from the church..."

"Well he is a good man, come to church every Sunday, unlike Jarvis. In plus he single, I want my baby with a holy man." They both chuckled.

"Yk Jarvis got a dark past baby, he isn't no good for Topaz. In plus he married, Dale would set a good example for our daughter, I just know he would."

I roll my eyes, once again my parents is trying to control my life.

Jarvis

"One minute you hate me and than the next minute you love me. Tell me what I did now?" I notice her staring at the wall blankly, she couldn't even face me as if we was strangers.