One|Lost Souls

Jarvis Brooks

Months passed by sluggishly, flowing like molasses. My heart still ache in pain. They say a human heart can be mended, times heal a broken heart, yet I'm still waiting on my heart to be heal.

Why do it hurt so bad? If I can reverse back time I would have did everything in my strength to save my deceased four year old son.

My wife blame me for not watching him. We can't stand to look each other in the eyes, but yet we still managing to hold on. Hold on to something that isn't there anymore.

"Good evening." I greeted her as she walk through the door.

"Evening." She lazily greeted.

I began flipping through the channels trying to find something that qualify my interest, to my surprise nothing.

"Jarvis." London call out but I ignored her.
"Jarvis!!" She call my name out again, I kiss my teeth.

"Huh?" I finally respond.

"You need to get yourself together. Get up off your ass and get a job or something." She complain.

I turn around and begin watching her put the groceries away.

"I mean it Jarvis." She continue to blab.

"I'm going to find me a job."

"I'm serious." She slam the cabinet as hard as she could.

Since our son death the house have being still but the animosity between London and I grew stronger.
As many times my mind wander across a divorce, I just can't set myself to do it, I'll be more broken than what I'm already am.

Turning my attention back towards the 60 inch flat screen tv, I continue to flip through more channels.

Suddenly London block the tv, with her arms crossed.

Her silky black hair shined, and her slim curvy figure fit just about right with what she was wearing.

"Can you move out of the way?" I hissed.

She threw her head back. "It haven't even being a full three months since our son death and here you are slacking." She spat.

I cut the tv off only to stare in her hazelnut brown eyes.

"There you go." I put my hands up.

"It true Jarvis and you know it." She roll her eyes.

"Why you always bringing him up? To make me feel more miserable London?" I semi-yelled.

"Look I'm not about to go there with you." She put her hands in the air before walking up the stairs.

A single tear roll down my cheek as I grab my keys off the counter top angrily.

At the moment I should have been crying but I was to numb thinking about crying. There was a giant hole in my heart because I knew nothing would ever be the same.

{※}

The windshield wiper wiped away the heavy rain, I couldn't barely see and I was caught up in traffic.