Three|Coincidence

Topaz

The day just couldn't wait, I was dress in a floral sheath knee length pencil work pink dress that match perfectly with my pink pumps.

"I'm so happy you finally decide to come with me." He smile.

"No problem dad." I smile back as the elevator came to a stop.

We both step off the elevator at the same time until he came across a man. The man was dress in a black suit. It was sharp-looking and well fitted.

"Jarvis, I want you to meet my daughter Topaz." He greeted us.

We shook each other hands staring in each other eyes. How could I forget those eyes, I quickly move my hand away and so did he.

"Well I take it as you two know each other." My father seen the weird reaction.

I didn't want to speak, but I didn't want my father interrogating me at home either. "Yes we know each other, this was the man who save me from jumping the bridge." I admit.

My dad look stunned, he was speechless. Meanwhile Jarvis had a puzzled look on his face.

"Ain't this a coincidence." He finally spoke. "You save my daughter!!! Is there anyway I can repay you?"

I roll my eyes, I hated how he thought money was the key to all happiness.

"You don't have to repay me at all sir, you already gave me this job and it isn't more I could ask for." He smile showing off the view of his white pearly teeth.

My father smile. "Any paid off days you want, you got it... How about you have dinner with us tonight?"

He look as if he wanted to say no but I could tell he wanted to impress my father. "Alright sir." He finally said.

"And you can come to my wife church Out Reach Ministry." My dad continue to blab.

I sighed. "Dad everybody isn't into church." I kissed my teeth.

"I heard of that church, I'll be glad to visit." He shook my father hand.

After hours of talking, and my dad touring us around the building we was finally about to go home.

"Don't forget my house tonight at 7. My wife would be happy to see the man that saved her baby."

Jarvis shook my father hand once again. "I'll be there." With that been said he walk away to his all black Jeep.

Jarvis

Today was quite a good day, but weird. The fact I came across the woman who tried to jump off the bridge a few weeks ago, isn't that a coincidence, I save my boss daughter.

I drove to my house the depression took over my body once again. London was gone as usual, I had the house to myself.

I took off my suit and put on my navy blue sweats.

Afterwards I went downstairs to watch tv.

{※}

My eyes slowly open, I didn't even notice I drifted off to sleep. The sound of the tv was the only noise made in the house.

London haven't still arrived, I check the time and it was 7:09. "Fuck." I jump up to my feet, finding clothes to throw on.

A white button down, black slacks, and my favorite black Sperry's. Once I was done I got inside my car and drove off.

Topaz

We all sat at the table awaiting for Jarvis arrival. My father look a little upset that his worker stood him up. On the other hand my mom was ready to eat the delicious meal she cook.

Collard greens, black eyes peas, corn bread, baked chicken, fried fish, bread rolls, and macaroni.

"Anthony it is 7:25 , the food is getting cold. Maybe another time." My mom said.

"He coming. I know he coming." My dad continue to blab.

He being saying that for the past few minutes. "Dad let just.." The doorbell ring. He happily got out of his seat to answer the door.

"Glad you can make it." I could hear his voice from the front door.

"Hey how you doing." He greeted us all at the table.

"Hey." My mom grin ear to ear.

I was the only one who didn't say a word.

"Topaz don't be rude. This man save your life." My mom utter.

I sighed. "Hey."

He sat down in front of me, in Ruby seat.

"Now we can finally get to this delicious meal." My dad rub his hands together.

"But first who would start us off with the prayers." My mom assist as usual.

"My new second hand man would start us off." My dad volunteer Jarvis.

He look confused but he just went with the flow.

"Thank you father for this wonderful day. Thank you for bringing Mr. Alessandro into my life and thank you for this wonderful meal. People would be bless to have a meal like this. Amen."

My mom look at him impressed.

"Amen." We all uttered.

We all began eating, laughing, talking, and just having a good time. He didn't seem so bad, he was more mellow than a trouble type.

"You use to be a doctor?" He pointed at the picture of me that hang on the wall above the fireplace.

"Yeah, my baby girl was a doctor until she quit. She couldn't hang for a month." My mom joked.

"You know what mom, it isn't funny. A lot of people came into that hospital and didn't make it out because of me." I slung my fork down and rush upstairs to my room.

Jarvis

That was strange. I thought to myself but didn't say it out loud.
"I'm sorry about that." Her mom apologized.
"It okay." I assure her. "You have a nice beautiful home." I tried to make conversation.

"Thank you." She smile.

{※}

"It was nice getting to know you." I said my final goodbyes.

"I'll see you tomorrow and on Sunday." He half hug me.

"For sure." I walk out of the door.

The food was the best meal I ever had.
I got inside my Jeep and drove home.

Surprised to see London car when I pull up into the driveway.