Four|Time Still

Jarvis

After a long day of work, I sat my keys on the countertop. Today London mother and sister was coming over.
The house was clean, London was in the kitchen cooking.

"Why you standing there you can be helping me do something." She spat.

"Do what London? What do you need help with?" Today wasn't my day to be arguing with her, I was beyond tired and I needed as much rest.

She look over at me, her head was drench in sweat from standing over the stove. "Pass me the garlic salt." She demand.

I hand her the garlic salt, my back was against the countertop with my arms cross.

"How come you can cook for your family? But when I'm hungry I got to go grab me something to eat." I pointed out.

She wipe the sweat from her forehead and began staring me in the eyes.

"Your a man, you can fix your own shit." She brush pass me to get some milk out of the refrigerator and than brush pass me again.

"You right." It was pointless trying to prove my statement.

"Of course I'm right, I'm always right. Just like I'm right about you not watching my son." She snap.

"And there you go. I'm tired, I'm not about to sit here and let you drive me to my deathbed." I walk out of the kitchen and made my way upstairs.

A few minutes later her sister and mom was knocking on the door. I was ashame to show my face, I haven't face them since Joel death. Everytime they came to visit I'll either be lock up in my room or gone.

You can hear them laughing and talking from downstairs, but the mention of my son name made me want to eavesdrop.

"How are you holding up? Really sis?" Lynn question her.

"Why would you bring it up?" Her mom semi-yelled.

"Mom you know she need a shoulder to cry on. She got a no good husband she barely talk to. He the reason her son dead now." Lynn spat.

It shattered my heart that London would let her sister talk about me like that.

"I'm holding up good." She finally spook up.

I made my way downstairs. They was surprised to see my appearance.

"Jarvis.... How you doing?" Her mother ask as if they wasn't just talking about me a few seconds ago.

I pause by the front of the door before I said "I'm doing fine just living with the consequences that I'm the reason my son died."

Lynn put her head down embarrassed that I heard her, London and her mom seek for words to say.

"I'll give you three the time you need." My voice softened a bit.

I enter inside my Jeep and pull away from my drive way.

Topaz

My parents got on my last nerves today, I couldn't help but to come to the bar.

I sat on the stool in front of the bartender gobbling down shots of vodka.

"Let me guess you want another one?" Rawy ask.

"You know me so well." I smile as he began pouring me another shot of alcohol.

The burning sensation took over my chest, I squeeze my eyes tight, until it went away.

"Just one more." I held up my index finger. He began laughing as he pour me up again.

The empty stool next to me wasn't no longer empty. I turn my head to see who sat next to me.

I began giggling as I watch him order a glass of rum. He began drinking it down fast, you can tell he was used to drinking. He finally turn his head and a smile spread across his face.

"So you stalking me now?" Jarvis joked.

"Stalking you? You stalking me, I was here first." I chuckle a little.

Jarvis

First I save the woman, than her father became my boss, and now I ran into her at the bar. How strange is that?

"You want another shot Jarvis?" Dale ask.

"Yeah." I nod my head.

"Well I guess your a frequently visitor too." She sip on her glass of red wine that the bartender just gave to her.

"Yeah." I shook my head trying to make less conversation.

"It crazy how we never ran into each other but now all of a suddenly we cross paths." She smile.

I began to take another shot of rum, blocking her words out of my head. I came here to clear my mind not to blab.

She notice how quiet I was so she didn't say anything else. We both began taking shots, wasting our life away.

She began bobbing her head to the music that was playing in the background. Dear Momma By Tupac was playing.

"You don't seem like a girl that would listen to Tupac." I chuckle a bit.

"Why because my mom a preacher?" She began rapping the lyrics.

I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't want to say the wrong words.

"It's okay, you know gossip music isn't all I listen too. I love music. When I listen to music it take my pain away." She close her eyes as she smile.

She was a cool chick, to me her life seem perfect but we all know everyone who come to the bar frequently, have some type of problems in their life. Her problems was probably worse than mines since she tried to pay the debt to nature not to long ago.

"Well look it getting late, I'll see you around. Maybe." I smirk a bit.

"Trust me if your working with my dad you going to see me around a lot." She laugh a little.

Just as I was about to walk pass her she call out my name. "Jarvis."

I turn around to be face with her, "Thank you for saving my life." She sip on another glass of red wine.

"No problem." I smile seeing how grateful she was. If only I was able to save my son life, I walk out of the bar.