-Call Me Bre- 4

James Arthur - Noelle Kent

Chapter Four:

"How was your first day, honey? " Cara asked as Brennly stepped into the car, shutting the door and putting on her seat belt.

She only shrugged and leaned back in the chair and close her eyes, letting out a sigh, glad to finally be in the comfort of her car. Cara smiled lightly and placed her hand on Brennly's which caused the young girl to open her eyes and look at her mother.

Brennly returned the smile quickly and Cara nodded before placing both her hands on the wheel and started the red vehicle. Brennly glanced out the window, watching as they pulled away from Brick Wood High. She had some how managed to survive her first day here. She was glad she had made a friend, well acquaintance, and she wouldn't have to sit alone at lunch again.

Brennly's eyes landed on Calum who was leaning on a stop sign, talking to a perky blonde in a cheer leading outfit. His boyish smile was driving the cheerleader crazy and Brennly couldn't blame her, it was doing the same thing to her heart. She ignored the pang of jealousy that hit her as he leaned forward and connected his lips with the blonde, however, his eyes were wide open and they connected with Brennly's for the quick second as the car pulled away from the school. Her heart was racing, a frown placed on her lips and she stared at her converses.

'Why was his eyes open....  why was he looking at me.....who was that skank'

Brennly shook her head, that was mean of her to say even if it was in the safety of her own thoughts. She never thought anything mean of anyone, because she hated when people did that to her. It only destroys her confidence and she doesn't want anyone to feel like how she does.

But she couldn't help but wonder if that was his girlfriend. Even though Kitty had told her that he and Ashton were players, maybe he was cheating on his girlfriend. But, what she really couldn't get out of her head was the few seconds she had interacted with him today. Her hand still tingles from the feel of his hand. She blushed and folded her hands in her lap.

"You want some Chinese? " Cara asked her, glancing at Brennly quickly before returning her eyes to road. She scratched her blonde locks and rested her elbow on the car door.

Brennly nodded quickly, and Cara caught it from the corner of her eye, she could also see that her daughter was bright red, completely opposite of her pale complexion.

"What's got you all riled up, you're as bright as my lipstick" Cara laughed lightly. It was true, Cara's signature look was smoky eyes and matte red lipstick as she was wearing right now, along with dark blue nurse outfit, she obviously just came from work prior to picking up Brennly.

Brennly shook her head quickly. She locked her eyes on the blue sky and millions of house as they zoomed down the highway. The white clouds accenting the sky.

Cara just laughs once more, "Is it a boy or a girl that's got you this red?" Cara questioned.

Brennly's eyes widened and she got even more red and Cara just laughed once more and just continued driving deciding not to embarrass her daughter anymore.

***

A little later after they got Chinese food and ate, Brennly went up to her bedroom and shut her door. She laid down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. She had wondered why she couldn't Calum out of her head when he didn't even know her name. She was a nobody and she will always be one. Her opinion and voice is not even important enough to be heard.

She sighed and rolled off her bed and headed into to the bathroom for a hot shower. She grabbed her phone on the way and she planned to blast music and just drown out her thoughts.

Half a hour later she was blowing out her tangled hair when her phone went off. It was ringing and it was an unknown number. Confused,  Brennly rejected it, 1. she didn't talk to anyone on the phone, 2. she didn't even have any contacts in her phone besides Cara and her older brother Noelle, but it's not like she could talk to him since he was in jail.

She threw her phone back on her bed and continued to dry her hair. She stood in front of her full length mirror and stared at her reflection. She frowned as she looked at her tall, 
yet skinny frame. She really wanted to gain some weight but she was always forgetting to eat. It's not like she didn't want to , but it was that her mind was always wondering to something else.

When her hair was finally dry she but it back in a ponytails then walked over to her dresser and pulled a giant t shirt over her head. It was around 9pm now and she would normally draw until 11 and then go to sleep, but her phone went off again, it was a text from the same number.

Unknown number

9:01 - Bre, it's me Kitty.

Brennly frowned, how did she get her number? But, she replied anyway.

9:03- Hey. What's up?

She finally decided on what to say after two minutes of anxiously thinking of replies, not wanting to sound to weird or annoying.

She patiently waited and then finally her phone vibrated.

Kitty

9:07- I'm at Chloe Asher's birthday party you should come.

Brennly's heart raced at the thought of a party. All those people, alcohol, and loud music. She shook her head, anxiously she replied with a simply 'no thanks' trying not to care if she sounded rude. She was perfectly fine in her bed drawing what she could remember of what her mother looked like.

Her phone kept vibrating and she glanced at the screen seeing the multiple "pleases" that Kitty was sending her. Brennly sighed and picked up her phone.

9: 15- I hate parties. Plus my mom wouldn't let me.

Kitty

9: 16- Sneak out.

Brennly sighed, she clearly had missed the whole first part of her text message.

Kitty

9:18- Fine. But I'm going to give you a lot shit tomorrow for not coming. But, I'll text you in the morning, night night

Brennly smiled, glad that she didn't have to put herself in such an uncomfortable situation and texted back with a goodnight. She pressed play on her music and continued drawing the Raven haired, brown eyes woman that gave birth to her. she could only remember what she looked like, not what she sounded like. She was only five when her mother passed away from overdose, so she barley remembered her.

Brennly grew up with her father and her older brother Noelle. They had a two year difference, so obviously Noelle remembered their mother more than her. She honestly missed him a lot. He had gone to jail for their father's death, even though she knew he didn't do it. She saw the real killer, and he was still out there, running free and it made her sick.

Brennly shook her head, knocking out her thoughts and wiping the tears and packed away her art supplies, placed her drawing on her bedside table and shut off her light and music. She would hope tomorrow would be a better day, but she knew it wasn't possible when it came to her life.