Chapter 50 [END]

˖*°࿐

˖*°࿐

I walk into the hospital, trudging slowly towards the lift.

"Good morning," Dr Choi greets me when I reached the second floor. "How are you today?"

You ask me everyday and it's always the same answer.

"Not all that optimistic if I'm being honest," I tell him and he nods, giving me sympathetic smile. I make my way down the familiar corridor, towards the all to familiar hospital room, which holds an all to familiar sight. The sight of my pale unconscious boyfriend, laying on a hospital bed in the same position as he was when he got here. "I miss you," I say grabbing his hand. "I'm sorry about all this. You know that right? This is my fault." I lean down and kiss his forehead, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.

It's been a year, that's how long Jungkook has been in a coma. The scar I hold right below my collarbone is a constant reminder of the events of that fateful night. He didn't mean to hurt me, I know that. But when I passed out Jungkook thought i was dying. Jungkook was so overwhelmed by my injury that he tried to kill himself. He stabbed himself twice in the leg and then once in his injured side, letting himself bleed out while the ambulance took its time getting to that fucking alley.

"I know I shouldn't have left babe," I say, tears spilling from my eyes. "I should've kept my promise. I should've made you face your demons alone. I'm so sorry Jungkook. Please don't go. I love you." There is a knock on the door and I turn to see Jungkook's aunt walk in; the same aunt that visted Jungkook a few weeks after his mother died.

I'm surprised she's here after what Jungkook did the last time we saw her. Then again it took her a year to finally visit.

"Oh good you're here," she says softly. "I need to speak with you."

"Okay," I mumble.

"This might be very well be the hardest decision you will ever make," she says and my heart drops, already knowing exactly what she is going to say. "In Jungkook's medical documents it says that in this situation you will be the one to make the decision whether to pull the plug or not,"  I frantically shake my head, trying to wake myself from this nightmare. "I know it's hard, but the doctor said that there is little to no hope that Jungkook will ever wake up. You need to move on NamJoon, that's what Jungkook would want."

"You don't know shit about Jungkook!!"'I shout. "Jungkook is the love of my life. I just can't pull-" Dr Choi walks in cutting my sentence off. "I can't let him die."

"He's been through hell and you know it Namjoon. You'd be doing him a favor by letting him go," his aunt says exiting the room.

She doesn't know what Jungkook would want. I can't let him die. There is still a small chance of him waking up and I will hold onto hope that one day he will do exactly that. Why did Jungkook want me to make this choice? Why me? Why did he tell the doctors this?