🌹 The Ride Home

Start from the beginning

        "Thank you Gajeel!"
        "This is the best present I've gotten!"

        "Starr, Amber." Gabbriel smiled, gently moving Amber towards Gajeel. "He got your gift, Amber."
        "And you got me my gift?" Starr grinned as Gabbey nodded. 
        "You aren't the type of girl to wear jewelry, I know that, but I got something that was close. . ." The black-haired woman reached into the bag and pulled out a silver-blueish bow. Silver stars littered a path on the bow, a silver ring holding the bow together. "Turn around, I'll put it in your pony-tail. I'm surprise you have it up today!"

        "I have it up sometimes!" Starr huffed, but let Gabbey put the bow in. As soon as it was in, Starr's hand fluttered over it. "Thank you, Gabbey. I really love it."
        "Anytime!" Gabbey winked, leaning in close to whisper; "Send me a post card to yours and Amber's wedding, yeah?"

        "Gabbey!!!" 

        "What'd you get me, Mr.Gajeel?" Amber asked, making Gajeel scoff slightly. 
        "Almost a week and I'm still called 'Mr'. It makes me sound old, just call me Gajeel."

        "A-Alright."
        "Here." Gajeel held in fist out, making Amber raise an eyebrow and cup her hands under neath. He opened his palm, making the light hit her glasses as two rings landed into her palms. 

        "Oh! They're so pretty. . ." She trailed off, looking at the gold ring with green leaves - that would wrap around her finger - and a silver ring with gem leaves. "Thank you!"

        "No problem. . ." He grunted, looking away from her. "I - uh - thought you'd like that."
        "Good job, Amber! You've got him bashful!" Gabbey cheered, making Gajeel snap.
        "Am not!"

        "Am I next???" Hiro asked, making everyone chuckle at his enthusiasm. 

        "Yeah, here you are." Gabbey grinned, giving the youngest boy a stuff teddy bear. He let out a squeal of delight, hugging the soft thing close. 
         "Marx, Dally!" Gabbey called out, a bitter sweet smile. "Last two presents before we leave." The only blond boy walked forwards, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion as Gabbey gave him a box. "Open it." 

    Marx took the lid off, staring at the object in shock as he dropped the lid. "Gabbey. . ."
        "Funny story, actually. A while back, there was this goon bragging about how he stole the family crest of this big family while the house was burning. I ended up taking it - in ways I won't revel - and when I found out it was your family crest. . .Well, it's not exactly mine, is it?"
        "You. . .You didn't have too. . ." He whispered, taking the badge in his hands. It was made up gold, a shield with four lions on it and two knights above it. 

        "Of course I did." Gabbey scoffed, letting out a surprise yelp as Marx hugged her tightly.
        "Thank you. . ."
        "No problem, bud." She smiled, hugging him back quickly before looking over at Dally and Gajeel. "Your turn!" 

    Gajeel rolled his eyes at his sister before pulling out the last object. "Uh - this one wasn't bought actually. Or stolen." Gabbey snorted. "It's from. . .A woman who me and Gabbey use to see all the time. She tried to get us out of Phantom Lord - but, uh - we really didn't listen well. She gave this watch to me because she said I acted just like her son. . .Told me to pass it down my line."

    He coughed, clearly not use to talking about stuff like this. "Uh - as you can tell, that's not going to happen so. . .I'm giving this to you." He quickly shoved the watch into Dally's hand, watching with careful eyes as Dally looked over it. It had a leather band, the watch was a silver color. "Sorry it isn't much."