Chapter Twenty-Seven - Anniversary

A/N: This is a PG-13 chapter and I will let you know right now that I have something a bit more... intense... planned for later.  Every day I stray further from the light of God XD  Honestly, all of you have read worse.  You're fine.

Phil heads back into the street and heals people until the world is spinning and he can barely heal even the smallest of wounds. Felix ends up dragging him back to Curatrix when he nearly collapses, where Matthias then forces him to sit down and drink two bottles of water. When he asks, Matthias tells him that they'll probably be fine for the night and that he can go home.

Dan is at home, Phil realizes, and in an instant he feels lighter. He gathers up his things, leaves his suit at Curatrix, and heads home as quickly as possible. When he reaches his door, he pushes it open and is immediately greeted by his favourite person in the world, which makes his day exponentially better.

"Thank God you're home," Dan mumbles into his neck. "I've just been silently stressing out over here."

"I'm home," Phil whispers back. "It's okay."

The villain exhales and kisses his jaw before nosing up to his ear. "So, in my attempt to not think about those CEOs, I remembered something that I didn't think of before."

Phil tosses his bag away and grabs Dan's hips, smile only falling away for a moment before returning. "Oh? And what was that?"

"From the first time we met on the street to now, it's been almost a year. Specifically, ten months. That's insane, isn't it? The time has felt so much shorter than that."

Phil's eyes widen. "Ten months?! That's crazy! It's felt so short..."

"I know! So, since we don't get to spend as much time together as I'd like and usually, we're all emotionally compromised because our lives are traumatic, I thought that we could spend this night thinking of nothing and nobody but each other as a way of celebrating."

Phil grins and catches his lips in a kiss. "That sounds grand."

Dan smiles back, his eyes twinkling, and kisses the hero again. "Get rid of that jacket and come over here."

The villain starts moving towards the living room and Phil shrugs off his coat, excited and giddy and wanting desperately to get his hands on Dan. The villain glances back at him with a wink and the hero yanks his shoes off, scampering after him with growing neediness.

"You're a tease," Phil whines.

"I know I am," Dan replies with a grin.

He catches up to the villain and grabs his hips from behind, making Dan squeak and then laugh. Phil pulls him close and kisses his neck, unable to contain his own giggles.

"Phil!" Dan exclaims as the hero huffs a laugh against his skin.

"Yeah?"

"My neck is sensitive!"

"Is it, now?"

Dan's eyes widen and Phil wraps his arms around his waist, nuzzling his nose into his neck and nibbling at his skin. Dan gasps and covers Phil's hands with his own, face flushing. The hero notices his reaction and backs off a bit, resting his chin on Dan's shoulder and hugging him close.

"I love you," he says.

Dan turns around and wraps his arms around Phil's neck, finally meeting his lips with Phil's. The hero's heart pounds harder as he kisses back, fingers trailing up Dan's back.

"I love you too," the villain murmurs.

"Come with me."

Phil takes Dan's hands and leads him down the hallway to the bedroom, the villain turning more and more red the closer they get. When they reach the room and shut the door, Dan wraps his arms around Phil and tucks his face into the crook of his neck.

"Happy ten month," he whispers.

Phil smiles a little. "Not that I mind this, but why don't we just celebrate at one year?"

"I dunno. I just... have a feeling, I guess."

"Good enough for me."

Dan lifts his head and presses a kiss to Phil's lips that is immediately reciprocated. The hero's hands move from his hips and trail under his shirt, cool fingers meeting warm skin. Their kiss breaks only long enough for Phil to get Dan's shirt off, and then breaks again when Dan gets Phil's shirt off. Although the hero's head still aches, he finds it easy to ignore as he trails kisses up the villain's neck. Yes, he may regret not simply resting in the morning, but he also has no regrets about this moment at all. Dan is right in front of him, all warm and flustered, and he would be an absolute moron if he went to sleep instead of taking this chance.

Phil pulls Dan over to the bed and before he can do anything, the villain puts his hands on his shoulders. His brown eyes are suddenly serious, which makes Phil stop in his tracks.

"You okay?" the hero asks.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just... scared."

"Dan..."

"This is my first time and I love you so much and I don't want to ruin everything."

Phil smiles and leans down, pecking his lips. "You won't ruin anything. I love you no matter what."

The villain's cheeks flush and he wraps his arms around Phil, kissing him more deeply and sincerely than before. Phil's heart pounds harder in his chest as he presses against Dan, fingers trailing down his sides and hooking into the waistband of his pants. He honestly never thought he could love someone this much. All the loneliness he felt became a distant memory after he met Dan. What had been an instant attraction, a complete infatuation, became something deeper and stronger than he could ever anticipate. Only ten months and Phil is utterly submerged in the strongest love he's ever felt. And, if the sounds Dan is making mean anything, the villain feels the same way.  The way Dan's eyes look in the heat of the moment sears itself on Phil's brain, and the hero hopes to learn every possible way he can make the villain fall apart.  Moving together, heated and passionate and fuelled by adoration, makes Phil want to simultaneously burst into tears and scream for joy at the same time.  Instead, he bites down on the villain's shoulder and buries himself in nothing but Dan

Then, sweaty and sated, they collapse into bed together. Dan tucks himself against Phil's chest and presses his lips to a hickey he left on the hero's skin, hands smoothing back and forth from his shoulder blades to his thighs. Phil holds him close, nuzzling at his messy, tangled hair and indulging himself in the feeling of Dan's warm body pressed against his from head to toe.

"I love you more than life itself," Dan murmurs.

"I love you too," Phil replies. He leans down, catching Dan's swollen lips in a gentle kiss. "Happy ten month."