CHAPTER 91

"Liam?!" I coughed, looking around from where I was laying. The living room was in flames, I had managed to push open the basement door I was leaning on and tumble down the stairs before the fire could catch me, but my hands were still tied and I was practically handicapped as I laid on the steps.

Being almost at the bottom of the stairs, I could only see fire in the living room, but I don't think the whole room is in flames, Liam has to be alive.

"HELLO?!" I screamed as loud as I could, but no avail. Crying softly, I put my head down, laying on the steps with my hands tied behind my back, all I can do is hope that Liam backed up before the fire touched him.

"Sarah?!" I heard a voice yell from the living room, "Liam!" I yelled, trying to use my feet to get up the stairs without falling, but my legs gave out, and I fell.

"I'm on the basement stairs!" I called out, once again laying there. "Thank goodness you're alive," I let out a sigh of relief when Liam limped down the stairs towards me, I guess the whole living room isn't on fire.

"Only the center of the room is on fire for now, so we can get out if we hurry," he untied me and we bolted up the stairs.

I was hit by a wave of heat when we got to the top of the stairs, the fire was spreading, fast. "Where's Miss.Hurlbutt?" I asked after we walked past the fire and made it to the front door.

"Right here." She walked towards us, burn marks were on her face and she had a gun. "No ones leaving this house." She pointed the gun at us.

Liam slowly crept his hand towards the doorknob, getting ready to open it for me. "Don't you dare open that door, or I'll shoot both of you." She threatened. "You're going to walk back into the living room, and burn, unless you rather me shoot Liam." Hurlbutt looked at me.

"Shoot me then, kill me and let her leave," Liam looked at her. "Liam!" I yelled. "Or I could just shoot you and throw Sarah in the fire myself," Hurlbutt pulled the trigger and I screamed, standing there in shock.

But no one got shot. She pulled the trigger again and nothing happened, before she looked up at us I threw myself at her, taking her to the ground and snatching the gun out of her hands.

"It's out of bullets, idiot." She got up and walked towards me. "I can still hit you with it," I backed up towards Liam who took the gun out of my hands and got ready to beat her with it.

She dug threw her pocket and pulled out a bullet, but instead of stealing the gun back she handed Liam the bullet. "Shoot me,"

Me and Liam exchanged glances, is she serious? "I said shoot me, I give up." Her crazy, bloodshot eyes looked exhausted, and her body was trembling with fear and anticipation.

"Fine, I'll do it myself." She tore the gun out of Liam's hand and put the bullet in, pointing the gun to her head.

"Here's to everything, have a nice life Sarah." She looked at me, my eyes widened and I shook my head in disbelief.

"And you really are strong, you're not weak like you think. Because no other kid could put up with all the crap I've put you through. Just don't end up like a failure, like me. And don't be a disgrace of a mother, goodbye."

Liam covered my eyes as I heard the gunshot, when I pulled his hand away Hurlbutt was lying on the floor with blood coming from her head.

I stood there in shock, she's really dead.

"We have to go," Liam said in a worried tone, but I ignored the fire that was spreading and just stared at the woman who I had feared for nine years. "She's gone," I whispered. "Sarah we have to leave." Liam took my arm, but I pulled back.