CHAPTER 85

My gaze shifted to Jewels once again as I worked at the counter. She had been acting weird today.

"Spill it." I said to her. "What?" Her eyes widened. "Something's up, tell me."

Cory put a tray off coffee down and walked towards us. "I wanna know too." She said. Jewels looked around nervously before she spoke. "My real name is Julia but I like Jewels better and I like it spelt with a 'w' instead of a 'u'."

"We already know that, stupid." Cory and I rolled our eyes. She told us that once we met. "Well, it's not big deal, but I feel like I should've told you guys this and it's been bugging me ever since graduation." Jewels fiddled with her shirt.

Great, someone else isn't telling me something. "Say it." I sighed. "Um, me and Aubrey use to be best friends." Jewels admitted.

What. The. Crap.

"You were what?!" Cory yelled. "Best friends, we were from pre-school until fifth grade when I met you guys. I guess I sort of ditched Aubrey and instead of taking it out on me, she took it out on you, Sarah." Jewels explained.

"But why Sarah and not me?" Cory asked. "I wasn't as close to you back then." Jewels said. "That's why she tried to ruin my life." I said quietly. "Are you guys mad? I'm really sorry I never told you."

"No, it's okay. I understand why you didn't want to tell us. It's kind of weird that you guys were friends." Cory smiled at her. "Sarah?" Jewels looked at me. "It's fine, but it's almost like you're the reason Aubrey made my life miserable." I looked up at her.

"You're the one who was friends with me and got yourself in that situation." Jewels frowned. "Well you didn't even tell me! Maybe I wanted to know why Aubrey hated me so much!" I yelled, ignoring the fact that people were in here.

"You never told me you got accepted to that college!" Jewels yelled back. "This is exactly what happened to me and Liam." I sighed as I took a deep breath to calm myself down. It hurt to say that, too many painful memories flooded my mind.

"Don't just get mad at us though, did Cory ever tell you who her secret valentines date was?" Jewels pointed to Cory, who stiffened and gave Jewels a pleading look.

"No. She never told me." I clenched my fists. "Tell her, corn." Jewels smirked. Cory just stood there, speechless. "Tell me!" I yelled. "It was Brett." Cory looked down.

"The guy who tried to take me and bullied me?! Him?!" I said in disbelief. "He asked me and it was just one date, then he said he didn't like me so I never talked to him again." Cory tried to explain.

"How come you told Jewel but not me?" I asked. "Because you were gonna do this! Plus Brett doesn't bully Jewels, people actually like her." Cory snapped.

"Okay, since no one can tell me anything, why don't we all just take a break from each other?" I said angrily. "Fine with me." Cory threw her hands up I'm defeat. "Fine with me." Jewels stood up and left the coffee shop.

"My shifts over, good." I grabbed my bag and walked towards the door, leaving Cory standing at the counter alone.

"Are you really mad?" Cory asked before I could walk out. I turned around and sighed. "I just need some time to think, I'm mad at you, yes, but I'll get over it. Just give me my space for a while."

She nodded as I walked out the door.

I should get a medal at losing friends, because lately I've been really good at it.

****************

Liam's POV

A month, it's been a month since we broke up. It's in the middle of June now, times flown by. It was only a week and a half ago when I saw Sarah at that party, she looked beautiful.