CHAPTER 55

"You're awake, I see you're in your right mind this morning." The nurse said as I woke up. "What?" I asked. "You were a little loopy after surgery yesterday." She laughed. "Oh. How did my surgery go?" I asked. "Great, you can get that cast off in a month. I'll let your friends come in now." The nurse left the room.

The boys walked in laughing. "Hey, I'm your new boyfriend." Harry winked.

"What?"

"Oh, and that's Lima over there." Niall laughed. "He's also a sexy beast." They all started laughing harder. "I don't even want to know." I sighed. Louis grinned really wide and opened his mouth to say something but Zayn punched him in the but before he could speak. I gave them a weird look then rolled my eyes.

"So, when can you get out of here?" Zayn asked. "Never. I have to stay for weeks." I frowned. "And Jewels and Cory get to leave tomorrow!!" I said. "Tomorrow?! Luckys!!" Louis said mocking the sound of my voice. I glared at him. "Let's go see them." Niall suggested. "I wanna see them!!" I said. "You can see them tomorrow when they leave." The doctor walked in. Does he eavesdrop or something?!

I frowned, gosh I hate this place.

Louis, Zayn, Niall, and Harry left the room to follow the doctor to see Jewels and Cory. Liam stayed. "I want out of here!!" I whined. "I'm sorry, it'd help if the doctor wasn't such a butthole." Liam said. "Yeah." I laughed. "I love it when you laugh." Liam smiled. I blushed. "Thanks." He kissed me.

"Thanks, again." I said. "For what?" He asked. "For loving me." I looked at the ground. "Why wouldn't I love you?" He asked again. "Incase you haven't noticed, I'm not beautiful, I'm small and scrawny, and too shy. I get bullied, and no one likes me. So thanks." I said. He stared at me for a while. Like he was in shock or confusion or whatever. I sat in my bed awkwardly.

"Please don't ever say that again, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and everything about you is perfect. And I like shy, also, whoever bullies you deserves to be slammed against a brick wall until they die." He said.

This time I stared.

"Really?"

"Really."

"I love you." He said. "I love you more." I smiled.

"That's not possible."

"That's also a very cliche thing to say." I smirked. "Well it's true." He kissed me. "Come on Liam!!" We heard the boys call from the hall. We said our goodbyes and he left. I thought for a while and remembered something.

My birthdays tomorrow.

I can't believe I almost forgot, but everything's been so hectic. 18. I'll be free. Oh wait no I won't because Hurlbutt won't let me leave. Ever since my parents died, my birthday was just like every other day. The only ones who said anything were Jewels and Cory. I doubt anyone will even remember, it's just a birthday. I fell asleep thinking about the last good birthday I ever had.

Mom and dad would take me around town, everything was perfect. I never thought my next birthday would be forgotten. But at least I have people who care about me now. That's nice.

**

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SARAH!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!" A group of people came into my room. It was all the boys, Eleanor, Anna, and Layla. I sat in my hospital bed grinning like an idiot.

"Aw guys!!" I smiled. "You remembered." "Well DUH!!" Louis screamed. "Where's Jewels and Cory?" I asked. "They haven't been let out yet, but they will be in an hour." Harry said. "You guys are awesome!!" I smiled really big. "We have a present for you back home!!" Niall said. "But I got you something else." Liam smiled. "You didn't have to get me a present!!" I said.

"It's your birthday, of course we did!!" Eleanor smiled as she hugged me. Anna and Layla hugged me too. "GROUP HUG!!" Zayn yelled as we all hugged. "Air." I choked. They all let go. "This isn't your real present from me, but I thought today was a good day to give it to you." Liam said as he handed me the ring I lost.

"Our promise ring." I smiled. "You found it, thank you!" I hugged him. "Thank Louis, he found it. If it weren't for him finding the ring we wouldn't have found you." Liam said. "Come here Lou!!!" I yelled as Louis hugged me as tight as he could. "Thanks." I smiled. "We have cake!!" Niall yelled as he opened up a box they brought in. "YAY!!" I squealed.

We ate all the cake, it was really good. "We're already out of cake, Niall how many peices did you have?" Harry asked. "Only 5." Niall mumbled. "5?! I hope you get fat!" Harry yelled. I laughed. "Too bad you have to stay in this hospital room on your birthday." Louis said.

"Actually, this is the best birthday I've had in years." I shrugged. "Really?!" Everyone asked at the same time. "Yeah. Thanks guys." I smiled. They really made this the best birthday in a long time.

"Well, because you can't get out of your bed, let's play headbands!" Eleanor said. We nodded and played. It wasn't much of a game, Niall would give out huge hints to our cards on our heads. For example, when my card was a lamb, Niall would sing "Mary Had A Little Lamb." It was pretty funny though, no matter what you do with these boys they make it fun.

"The doctors are getting Jewels and Cory ready to go home! Let's go get them!" Anna yelled. "Ok!" Everyone said as they ran down the hallway to get them. Liam stayed.

"Thanks. You guys made this one of the best birthdays ever." I smiled. "Good. I can't wait till you see my present for you." Liam grinned. "The present we all got you is pretty cool, too." He smirked. "You seriously didn't have to get me a present!" I said. "But I'm so glad Louis found the ring, I was really scared." I sighed. "I'm glad he found it too, and you're too special to not get a present." Liam smiled with his adorable cheeky little grin.

"Funny." I chuckled. "It's true." Liam said as we kissed. It's like nothing matters when we're together. I just love him so much.

"Well that's something I want to see once I get out of the hospital!" I heard Cory's voice tease.

"CORN!!!" I yelled as Liam pulled away. She ran up to me and we hugged. "I've missed you so much!! It's been forever!" I said. "I know! Like a week!!" Cory yelled. We didn't even get to see each other when we were kidnapped. Wait, I'm not supposed to think about that. The doctor says it causes too much fear.

"How are you feeling?" Cory asked. "Better. But I can't leave for a while." I frowned. "Well I'll visit everyday!" Cory smiled. "Where's Jewels?" I asked as Layla walked in the room. "She's coming." Layla smiled. Jewels ran into the room right after she said that.

"JELLY!!" I squealed. "Jelly?" Jewels asked as she hugged me. "I decided you need a food nick name. So you are jelly." I grinned. "Ok, whatever you say salmon." Jewels laughed. "That doesn't even sound right!" I laughed with her. Everyone was in the room now and I just sat there in my bed talking to everyone. It was really nice, all my friends were here, and we just had fun. As much fun as you can have in a hospital.

"I can't believe it's your birthday!! All this drama made me forget!" Cory yelled. "Me too." Jewels said. "I forgot about my birthday too. I'm serious." I said. Everyone laughed.

After a while everyone left, even Liam. But Jewels and Cory stayed. The doctor said it would be best if we told each other how we felt about all that happened. I just wanted to talk to them after so long.

"Have you been having bad dreams too?" Jewels asked. "Yeah." I nodded. So did Cory. "I honestly thought we'd all die." Cory said. "Especially after Joe beat you up, I was almost positive you were dead." Cory looked at me. "I thought I'd die too." I said. "My mom and dad are scared to let me go anywhere, they're waiting for me in the lobby, they said I could talk." Jewels said. "Mine too." Cory sighed.

"Hey, what happened to Lane?" Cory asked. Tears formed in my eyes. "He- he didn't make it out of the house fire." I said as a tear streamed down my face. "Oh my gosh. That's terrible." Jewels said. I nodded as I cried. "He saved us all." I whispered. "At least we're safe now. That's all that matters." Cory said as we all hugged each other.

We immediately started crying in each other's arms.

"I don't know what I'd do if one of you guys didn't make it." I cried. "Me neither." Cory said. "I'm never walking home again." Jewels said. "Well then get a car." I chuckled a little which caused them to smile.

"I wish I had a car. My slug bug is officially dead." I said. Jewels and Cory shared a weird grin. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." They both said. "Okay....." I gave them a weird look. "Bye." They hugged me and left.

It was nice to get that all out to someone who understands. They went through it too. This was seriously the best birthday I've had in ages.

That was horrible I could've done better but I'm not supposed to be on my iPad but I really want to update.

Like I haven't updated since Tuesday. Wow.

Ug I feel horrible about this chapter like it was a disgrace I'm sorry.

Don't forget nice comment make my flippin day!!!

Bye(: