CHAPTER 74

"Maybe they're just playing in the backyard or something." Liam yawned over the phone. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Here I am at ten o'clock at night trying to talk to a half asleep Liam. It's not even that late, but you can't blame him after all he's done.

"Please, just wake up. I need your help. I have no idea where they are and if I haven't found them by Monday morning Hurlbutt will literally kill me!!" I yelled. That reminds me, I hope she's okay without her pills.

"Sorry, I'm just tired. I bet they'll be back by tomorrow morning. Just go to sleep." Liam almost hung up until I interrupted him. "Well I'm going to look for them." I stated as I threw on a sweatshirt and looked for my sneakers.

"What?!" Liam immediately sounded more awake and I heard something that sounded like his head banging into the back of his bed. After hearing him moan in pain, I snickered a little. "You are NOT wondering around in the dark by yourself!" He sounded worried. "There's tons of freaks out there that could just take you! No way." Liam stated.

"Well then why don't you just come with me?" I asked. The other end was silent for a while, until I heard Liam sigh. "Fine, but you're driving to the flat to get me."

"Thanks babe." I smiled happily and hung up. Frowning at my appearance in the mirror, I shrugged it off and ran downstairs. I'm wearing my blue fuzzy pajama pants, a neon pink sweatshirt, and some worn out sneakers. Not to mention my hair is in a horrible messy bun. But there's no time to worry about how I look, so I'll just have to wonder around town like a hobo.

I grabbed the keys to my truck and hopped in as I drove away. "My stupid sisters ran away, Steve." I rolled my eyes. "Sorry about driving you so late." I shrugged. "Why am I talking to a truck?"

I pulled into the boy's driveway and honked for Liam to come out. After about two minutes, a sleepy Liam trudged towards the truck. "Liam." I frowned. "Yeah babe?" He asked as he rubbed his eyes. "You don't have a shirt on." I tried not to laugh when he looked down and cursed under his breath.

"Be right back." He mumbled and ran into the house. He came back out with a t shirt on and a sweat shirt in his hand. "I'm ready." He smiled and I drove off. "Sorry for dragging you along, but you wouldn't let me go alone." I said. "It's fine. And I rather you be safe than me sleeping while you're wondering the streets at night." Liam shrugged.

"I don't have to wonder the streets, I just have to drive down streets and look for anything suspicious, like party's and stuff. If I see anything then we'll get out. Okay?" I explained. Liam nodded. "Okay."

"Look! A party!" I exclaimed as I parked across the street from it. "Stay here while I go in and look." I unbuckled as Liam nodded again. "Wait, why can't I come in?" He asked. "You'll attract much attention. And you look like your half asleep." I chuckled. "That's because I am." Liam rolled his eyes.

Before I got out of the truck I stared at myself in disgust. "I have to go in looking like crap." I huffed. "You look beautiful, I promise." Liam kissed my cheek and smiled. "Thanks." I sighed and got out of the truck.

I entered the house and cringed. The music was blaring, people were everywhere doing stupid things, and it smelt like beer and sweat. Trying not to get noticed, I put my head down and walked around.

If Aubrey's not here, than I doubt Olive and Matilda are. None of them are in the living room, so I headed out to the back yard, nope. I searched the whole house and they're not here.

While I was trying to exit with my head down, I slammed into a tall, rock hard chest. I looked up and froze. "What the heck are you doing here?" One of the huge jerky jocks glared at me. I tried to say something but I was too embarrassed by everyone staring at me.