Bound by Law || 42- Blissful Beginnings

We had been driving for a while and ended up at a secluded area near a tall hill.

Walking up the hill, we veered off to a narrow path that led to a place where it looked over the whole city. I was iffy to go near the edge even though there was a small railing, made out of bamboo, there.

"Are you planning to kill me?" I asked, as Jai brought me closer to the railing. He snorted lightly and looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"You think I'm going to throw you over the edge?" he asked a hint of a smirk on his lips.

I wouldn't put it past him considering his behaviour sometimes.

My silence must have given it away because he threw his head back and let out a boisterous laugh. I gulped when he looked at me, his eyes shining with a mischievous glint.

He suddenly bent down and threw me over his shoulder, causing me to scream and kick my legs frantically.

"Any last words before I throw you over?"

"No!" I screamed, frantically and despite the situation, a laugh slipped through my lips as I begged for my life. "Jai, put me down!"

"Those are your last words? Alright then, I guess I'm just gonna have to–"

"No, I'm sorry!"

"Really? You're apologising." He looked at me with mock surprise. "You know, I was really looking for something more special."

What? Has he gone crazy!?

"Help me, God!" I whispered to myself. Somehow, Jai heard because he began chuckling.

"Nope, not that either," he said.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Three words. Starts with I and ends with you."

Oh.

"I love you," I whispered. I could feel Jai's shoulder shaking up and down against my stomach and I smacked his back.

"Hey! Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're naive enough to believe that I'd try and kill you."

I scoffed. "I...knew you were joking," I mumbled against his back.

Jai put me down in front of him slowly, my back hitting the railing. He caged me in between his arms and stared at me, the over-head yellow pole lights giving his face a warm glow.

"Really, now?" he challenged in a teasing tone.

I opened my mouth and then shut it, before opening it again.

"Maybe."

Jai, all of a sudden, placed a gentle kiss on my lips, startling me. When he pulled away, he gazed at me with affection.

"Do you really think I'd throw you over?" he whispered.

"I mean, you never know," I said, "but it was just a brief thought, really." I rushed out in reassurance.

Jai let out a deep chuckle, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Well, I'm not that cruel, so you don't need to worry."

He turned me around, his arms around my waist tightly. He placed his chin on my right shoulder and inhaled sharply causing me to shiver.