Ink

"I just really enjoy elephants. They're my favourite animal ya know,"
-Alaska

 They're my favourite animal ya know," -Alaska

C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

A L A S K A

Groaning I slowly sat up cradling my pounding head in the palms of my hands. The coughing across the room spiked my interest as I shot my head up to look at the culprit. Bellamy came stumbling into the dark dropship with crimson blood dripping from his nose. Fear spreads through my body as I watched him crumble to the ground. Using the wall to get to my feet I unsteadily walked to Bellamy who was now laying on the floor with Octavia by his side. Crouching down I used my left hand to caress his cheek letting my fingers delicately rub his jaw. Octavia already had a damp cloth on his forehead while she intensely watched him.

"Hey brown eyes, long time no see," I said jokingly trying to lift the tension in the air. His eyes travelled up as he examined my face for any injures. His facial features showed that he clearly wasn't too happy about my joke. His warm, glossy, chestnut eyes gazed into my cold, ice blue ones as he opened his mouth.

"I'm scared Alaska," he managed to mumbled out while tears filled his eyes. I lifted his head onto my lap letting my eyes intensely watch him.

          "I won't let anything happen to you, ever. Not while I'm around at least," I strictly told him not just trying to convince him but also myself that he'd be ok. He shakily raised his right hand as he cupped my left cheek lovingly. I placed my left hand over his as I intimately gazed down at his face. Moving his hand to my mouth I gently feathered a kiss onto his knuckles as his eyes fluttered shut. Stripping off Pierces coat I placed it on the ground letting Octavia fumble with it. Picking his head up off my lap I placed him carefully on Pierces rolled up jacket. His gentle curls fell onto his face as laboured breaths left his parted pink lips. I bent down pressing my lips to his forehead before standing up.

"I know you're going to argue with me but I'm feeling better and need to talk to Clarke," I informed Octavia holding my hand up to stop her from asking questions. Sighing she pointed towards the corner as she turned back to assessing Bellamy. I stumbled over to the blondes slouched figure crouching in front of her. She glanced up once she realized someone was near her.

"Hey blondie, how's it going?" I spoke out asking while a smirk danced on my lips. Her baby blue eyes watched me as her body sat in the corner with a lazy slouch. Her skin was a sickly pale colour and huge bags stood prominent under her light eyes.

"You look like shit Laskie," she shot back at me a smile finding its way onto her face. I rolled my ice eyes, my smirk growing.

"You don't look too hot yourself Clarkie," I said as the words playfully rolled off my tongue. Laughing she shoved my body causing me to fall onto my butt. I gazed at her raising an eyebrow in a challenging manner. My smirk dropped as a thought popped into my head resulting in my heart rate picking up significantly.