Boxed In, Breaking Out

"Wow, you talk a lot of shit for someone that has to put me in a metal box to feel safe. How about you come here, I'll show you why my last roomie was transferred."
-Alaska

C H A P T E R    T W O

B O X E D     I N,  
B R E A K I N G     O U T

A L A S K A

I was sitting perched on the top bunk drawing the view I had of the earth miles away. While shading it in a bang comes from the door and a guard starts yelling to get my attention.

"Hey psycho, you got yourself a new roomie. We'd prefer it if you didn't try and kill this one," the guard sassed. Finally looking up from my drawing unfazed I looked past the girl to the guard. Hopping off the mattress I slowly made my way towards the pair.

"Wow, you talk a lot of shit for someone that has to put me in a metal box to feel safe. How about you come here, I'll show you why my last roomie was transferred." As I threatened the guard my new roommate began to look quite uncomfortable. After a solid thirty second stare down the door was slammed shut and locked. A sigh escaped my parted lips as I spun on my heels and scoped out the girl in front of me. Dark brown hair, blue green eyes, arched brows, slender frame and an extremely worried look on her face.

"You didn't actually try and kill your last cell mate did you?" She questioned still on edge. Shaking my head I let out a breathy chuckle.

"No we just really didn't get along so she said I tried to kill her to get transferred," I explained as I was about to hop onto the top bunk, before I could she interrupted my movements.

"Um, well my names Octavia Blake. What's yo-" I cut her off right there turning my body so I was facing her. My actions startled the girl but I knew eventually she'd stop being as jumpy around me. Looking at her I realized that I probably should have been able to tell. She definitely looked like a Blake.

"Octavia Blake as in Aurora and Bellamy Blake?"

"Hey, yeah, how'd you know?"

"My names Alaska Laine and my brothers are Ace and Phoenix." I watched her mouth create a big "O" shape as she processed the information I had just put on her.

        "How are they?" I asked finally jumping up onto my bed. Re positioning myself I continued to draw the planet below me while still keeping all my attention on the younger girl in the room.

        "They got arrested with me. I went to the masquerade party and got caught. Bell tried to get to the twins but he didn't make it, my mother got caught too." At the last part she let out a chocked sob and it sunk in that Aurora was dead. The only mother figure I had in my life was dead.