Home Sweet Home

"Good night brown eyes, thanks for saving me today,"
-Alaska

"Good night brown eyes, thanks for saving me today,"-Alaska

C H A P T E R    T H I R T E E N

A L A S K A

I sat in my cell waiting for Lexa to pick me up. The cold floor I sat on numbed my pain slightly. She was currently talking to the man that came to my aid. It's been a day since my torturing and no guards have even come near my cell. Some of my old wounds still slowly bled but besides that I was fine. Standing up onto my throbbing feet I hobbled towards the door. Hitting it with my palm I tried to get someones attention.

          "Hey! When am I getting the fuck outta here?" I screamed trying to get someone to talk to me. A tall body blocked my view forcing me to look up. Pierce stood in the window glancing down at me with an elegant eyebrow raised. He unlocked the door letting himself in.

         "Heda's asked for your release. You will be brought with us to a meet up point that we have decided with your people. There she will decide yours and your people's fate. Let me warn you now that she said she won't be armed, but she will indeed have back up. I will be waiting in the trees with my bow along with the other warriors. She won't spare you or your people, so when you can I want to to run. Run as fast as you can and don't look back," he informed gazing his green eyes into my ice ones. I stood there shell shocked at the information he just told me.

         "Why are you telling me this?" I asked him trying to see if he was lying to me or not. A small smile graced his face as he watched me.

         "I know you have a family you want to protect. I once did too. You also remind me of my sister," he spoke gently glancing at the ground before back up to me. I smiled lightly at him letting a breath leave my lips.

         "What's stopping us from going?" I asked him looking around him to see if Lexa was coming. He side stepped letting me walk passed him.

        "Nothing," he commented putting his hand out for my to grab. I grasped his hand as he pulled me down the halls. Once outside I noticed multiple warriors getting ready. They had knives on their hips and bows strapped to their backs. They were all mostly mounting onto horses. Others on the ground were dressed lightly so they could run. Pierce guided me to a horse helping me on. With my now weak muscle structure I couldn't hold on very long. He hopped up behind me placing his hands on my waist to steady me. His fur jacket tickled the back of my neck while I laid on him. My lack of body fat made sure I was shivering so I used Pierce to keep me warm. Placing his head directly above mine his breath blew my hair gently. A woman turned around commanding everyone to go forth. The horses began to gallop forward setting on our journey towards my camp. My people. My family. The wind blew my hair all over the place which resulted in me shivering more. Halfway through the ride Pierce got sick off my squirming and took off his jacket. He placed it around my arms like a cape instantly making my body heat up.