Fog, Demons, and Goodbyes

"That was really sweet, brown eyes. I guess there is a soft, teddy bear deep down inside there somewhere,"
-Alaska

 I guess there is a soft, teddy bear deep down inside there somewhere," -Alaska

C H A P T E R N I N E

F  O  G  S,     D  E  M  O  N  S,     A  N  D    
G  O  O  D  B  Y  E  S

A L A S K A

Tapping, clicking, shuffling, they all were the only sounds heard from inside the drop ship. No one dared to talk, to speak up, everyone terrified that we were going to break. That we were going to shatter.

       Clarke sat working on Jasper trying to help him with out the proper medicine. Ace laid on a metal table unconscious with bandages wrapped around his head. When he got attacked he hit his head pretty hard and Clarke wasn't sure of when he'd wake up again.

       Octavia was situated next to Ace, she grasped his large hand in hers resting them against her cheek. She'd occasionally wipe a wet cloth against his forehead slowing the build up of sweat.

      Finn sat in the corner of the room tapping his foot rapidly against the metal floor. Each tap creating a noise that echoed off the silent walls.

        Phoenix stood pacing the room, back and fourth, back and fourth. He'd been going at this for almost 2 hours now. His feet scuffing the floor each step he took. His long strides almost looking angelic, in a tragically beautiful kinda way. He held himself so high, yet felt so low.

       I, on the other hand, was a complete mess. Sitting with my back against the wall and my knees brought up to my chest I watched the mayhem around me. My head hung low while being cradled in my hands. My hair sitting all over the place and my face a tear stained disaster.

       My brother was unconscious, on the brink of death, because of me. If I hadn't let them go with the group. If I'd got to him faster. Thoughts raced through my mind as it began to plaque with darkness. The clouds in my brain seemed to block out the sun when I needed it most.

      Not being able to handle any more torture I stood up and everything went silent. Clarke stopped working on Jasper, Finn stopped tapping and Phoenix stopped pacing. All of them watched me like I was a ticking time bomb, as if I were about to go off at any moment. Taking in a breath I shakily let one out before exiting the metal ship. Once my feet hit the soft forest floor I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

Looking up my brain got even more cloudy. By the fire a line had started. Murphy and Bellamy were forcing kids to take off their wristbands for food. Going from one issue I'm being pushed into another one. Finn and Clarke walked up beside me while I examined the situation in front of me.