Enjoying The Sunshine

"Save it for someone who cares,"
-Alaska

"Save it for someone who cares," -Alaska

C H A P T E R    T H R E E

E N J O Y I N G     T H E
S U N S H I N E

A L A S K A

         I stood by the bunk beds in an army green tank top and black jeans. Sweat dropped down my brow as I slammed my cloth wrapped fists into the wall. Left. Right. Right. Left. It was a continuos motion throwing in a few kicks here and there. The person with the cell next to mine had screamed at me multiple times to stop but I wasn't about to let up.

Octavia was sitting on my bed with one of my books in her hands. She seemed extremely concentrated and not even disturbed a little by the noise I was making. The only sound she was making was when she'd occasionally flip the page. Pulling away I sat on her bed and threw on my jacket. I stood up and went to continue my assault on the wall until something caught my attention. Our room went dead silent when I stood there still, just listening. The absence of the previous noise seemed to catch Octavia's attention.

"Wha-"I cut her off by putting my finger to my lips motioning for her to be quiet. Walking towards the door I pressed my ear to it. All of a sudden it got thrown open which resulted in it hitting my head. Falling to my butt I sat there cradling my now throbbing head in my hands.

"Prisoner 281 and 347 up against the wall." I watched Octavia smoothly grab something off my bed before she went against the wall without asking questions. She stuffed whatever it was inside her jacket. One of the two guards grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. Handcuffs were put around my wrists behind my back and we started to get escorted out of the room. Octavia's hands weren't bound so she used one of hers to grab my arm.

Outside there were many prisoners being brought out of their cells and the same way as us. I was one of the very few with handcuffs on though. I got ushered on to a ship with all the other juvenile prisoners. A guard took my hand cuffs off and sat me down in a seat next to the wall. Looking to my left I saw two guys already strapped against the wall and I smiled clicking in my seat belt.

"Monty? Jasper?" I asked gaining their attention. I had known them from before I got thrown into the sky box. I helped them steal herbs and other things they needed. I'd learned to be extremely light on my feet so I usually snagged anything they needed. I was also quite good at pic pocketing. We had trained for 3 months on a flawless pic pocket. Jasper would walk in front of me with a bell on his pocket while Monty timed me. I would have to retrieve a one dollar bill with out ringing the bell in under 5 seconds.

       "Hey Spliff!" Jasper screamed at the top of his lungs. I quickly cringed away from the hyperactive boy.

       "I'm not deaf Jas but I might be now," I said as I playfully glared at the boy strapped to the wall. An innocent smile found its way onto his face as he tilted his head to the side causing his hair to fall just above his eyes. He was wearing the same pair of googles he had for the past 10 years. They were always way to big but he refused to get rid of them saying eventually he'd grow into them.