Battered and Bruised

"Like you wouldn't let me into your pants on the first date,"
-Bellamy

"Like you wouldn't let me into your pants on the first date," -Bellamy

C H A P T E R    T E N

B A T T E R E D A N D
B R U I S E D

B E L L A M Y

Once we made it back to camp Clarke spoke up.

        "We've gotta get to Jasper. I'll need boiled water to make the medicine." She gestured to Finn telling him what she needs. Wells and I hauled in Atoms body on a gurney. Placing him on the ground a few people noticed and watched us.

       "Get Clarke whatever she needs," I told a small group of people that went to help her. Alaska stood beside me looking into the distance almost as if she were spaced out. She watched the trees blow in the wind and the fire crackle under the sun. I went to touch her shoulder but she flinched away using her left hand to cradle her right arm. Wells left to go dig a grave and Octavia emerged from the drop ship.

       "It's about time. They're gonna kill Jasper. Did you get the medicine?" Octavia asked to Clarke. Clarke paused for a second before looking at her with an upset look on her face.

        "Yeah. I..I got it. Come on. Let's go talk," Clarke said trying to reach for Octavia's arm. She backed away while looking at me. She began towards me, Clarke staying near the ship. I felt Alaska tense up next to me cautiously watching Octavia.

       "Octavia, just stay there. Please, stay back," I said putting my hand up, attracting the attention of many delinquents. I stepped in her way looking down at her, she easily glanced back up at me.

       "Why?" She asked challenging me. She went to go around me but I grabbed her arm. She tore it away from me glaring.

        "Stop," she said sternly. She'd find out eventually so I put my arm down letting her pass. Alaska glanced at the girl through her brown hair. Tears slid down her face again as she watched Octavia. She lifted the jacket off of his face and gasped.

       "Atom," she stated sadly.

       "There was nothing I could do," I said to her reaching for her arm. For the second time she pulled away glaring at me.

     "Don't," she snarled walking away.

      "Octavia it was my fault. I could have saved him if I tried harder. I'm sorry, but this is not on Bellamy," Alaska said speaking up. She looked into Octavia's eyes and I could see them both breaking down internally.

Octavia reached inside her jacket pulling out a book. I watched Octavia's eyes travel to Alaskas left hand that was stained with Atoms blood. Her anger seemed to go up as she looked into the broken girls eyes.