Chapter 11 | Imperial Victory over the Alliance

Start from the beginning

As Piett and Rotan's efforts met great success, I quickly lost faith in the Imperial Military's internal ability to discover Rebel spies so I began reorganizing that office, but these things do take time. Once we defeat the Rebels, I plan to transfer Piett and Lieutenant Rotan to Imperial Center where they will assume full responsibility for rooting out any remnants of treason. I had thought about doing so sooner, but Vader had Piett commanding the Death Squadron and I do know that a man charged with too many responsibilities has an increased chance of failure. And so, Piett's boy focused his energies on the hunt and excelled at public execution. He had a real knack for torture as well, as we soon saw on the holonet.

Believe it or not, the new Death Star plans were almost leaked through a complicated network of construction contractors secretly managed by the Bothans. Once the men were rounded up (and the construction ships and company assets seized) by a battlegroup of Star Destroyers, I insisted that the company's CEO attend a special meeting in my office. You will note that the Bothan CEO is one and the same with the Bothan prisoner Vader saw me torturing on Imperial Center. (The plans, you will be glad to know, were kept safe from Rebel hands at this time.)

His death presented a rare opportunity for COMPNOR and the Imperial Public Relations Office to work with. It would become clear, that any corporation, union, business, or other work entity caught acting against the interests of the Empire would have its assets frozen and seized, all contracts made null, and all company leadership (and in some cases their families, too) executed on charges of treason. The moral message would be simple to understand: You're either with me (the Empire), or against me (the Empire). There is no middle ground to play on.

THE POWER TO CHEAT DEATH

I sense a convergence of the Force in the near Future. The new Death Star looms in my visions with Lord Vader and his son. During my meditations this morning, I learned the critical visions I have repeatedly foreseen are not set in stone. Today, the Force showed a new event in the turning of Luke Skywalker that I had not given much thought to: how young Skywalker would come into his father's custody. At last, the final piece of the puzzle came into place.

I can sense the relentlessness of the Rebels pulling at the Force. It is their hope to destroy the Death Star before it is operational. To this end, young Skywalker, while on a mission, will be with Rebel Forces when they try to take out the moon base that the Death Star orbits. Believe it or not, the boy will surrender to his father and make a feeble attempt to rescue Vader from me. Silly boy, he will soon realize that his father can never be turned from the Dark Side.

It is my firm belief that the Force confirms my interpretation of the visions I have had concerning Vader's son. Luke will take his place at my side and strike down his father. A new Apprentice I will have, one more powerful and truly open to the entire nature of the Force, as the boy does not seem to be predisposed to Light and Dark misbeliefs.

Personally, I am excited to share some very good news that will be discussed during an important meeting on the Death Star II with my Kaminoan Ambassadors from the cloning facilities. You may remember some time ago (meaning earlier in this journal) that Lord Vader made significant efforts with the Kaminoans to clone a Force-sensitive being—Starkiller. It would seem that Vader had succeeded with cloning the boy and his Force abilities, albeit after many, many failed attempts.

Picking up where Vader left off in frustration, I have been secretly working with the Kaminoan research scientists and discussing the nature of midi-chlorians and the power they possess to induce the Force. I am pleased to finally announce that our efforts have not been in vain and the time approaches when the essence of my being may be successfully cloned into a Force-sensitive receptacle host body that will hold and contain my essence and full Force-wielding capacity. When I travel to the Death Star soon, I will meet with them to finalize the plans. I am, after all, eighty-eight years old. This body will not last me forever.