Chapter 14 - The Long Day

Jimmy was super bored...and scared, especially the fact he was alone. He wanted people to enjoy the day, but he didn't want to be alone. I guess I'll just watch tv. As he clicked the small red button on the remote, he heard a little popping noise. Slowly, he poked his head around a bend. "Of course she did!" Jimmy thought aloud. Emilia had put 2 slices of bread in the toaster and left out the butter and a bottle of apple juice. Jimmy then sat up and walked through the wooden door. Around 2 minutes after, he had buttered it and was sitting back in bed again. "Why is it always me?" he asked himself. Most of the time it was him who had to stay behind for some reason or he just got scared and left. On TV was 3 minute Bendy and the Ink Machine animation Mickey Mouse and Friends cartoons. 3 came on and then an advert. That repeated 10 times until one really shocked Jimmy. "Why. Is. This. On. The. Kids. Channel?!"

The music of Suicide Mouse blasted out of the TV speakers. Then, the slow, black and white animation played on the screen. It took up the time of 10 episodes which meant it was on for half an hour. The fact that it had no adverts also scared Jimmy because that meant there would be no breaks.

As the long animation continued to play, Jimmy got even more scared. Eventually, his phone made a Bling! noise. It read: 1 missed call, 1 new text message. They were both from Emilia. The text was:

Hi. We're going to the lounge bit downstairs if u wanna come.

I guess I could...

Jimmy texted back. He decided to get changed and go since he felt better anyway.

Once he went downstairs, he saw everyone waiting on him. As soon as they saw him, Emilia, Tea Party and Carly jumped up and hugged him. "Are you okay?" Emilia asked. "Yeah I guess..." replied Jimmy. "Then let's go get something to drink!" Carly chirped.

So off they went as they each got something to drink. Most got appletiser but Jimmy and Emilia got water and Bob got apple juice. To Jimmy, it felt like a really long day so far but to everyone else it was short, since they had fun at the pool - all except Emilia who spent the whole time thinking about her best friend.