Chapter 7: As Time Goes On

Start from the beginning

•three months later•
"Everyone, we have a new member."
We were all standing behind the couch in the living room, making a line as we looked at Otōsan and the new member."This is Itachi Uchiha. Don't kill him. Orochimaru, he will be your new partner. All of you get acquainted with him, and Nariko show him his room. He will be two doors down from yours." He said. Kisame snickered when he said not to kill him because Oreo will most likely try to kill Ita-nī, and I nodded as the twin pups that are almost constantly with me go and run the direction my room is."Come on, Ita-nī. You should rest before Otōsan calls you for a mission." I said as I follow the pups."Hn." He grunted in response, and I paused before continuing on. Lolli does the same thing sometimes, and when I asked why he does that he said that he didn't know, it was just something that Uchihas say. I'm still learning how to decipher the language of the Uchihas, but it's taking me a while. I'll get the hang of it eventually. I stopped at my door, and Itachi stopped behind me. The pups were rough housing with each other, and it seemed like Kuro would be dominant until Shiro would overpower him."This is my room *point at door*, Otōsan's room is right here, but only Okāsan and I can go in there *point at door across my door*." I then continued to walk to the second door to the right of mine before stopping."This room is yours. Oreo's room is attached to yours, he's in between us. Hope you enjoy your stay here. And like Otōsan was saying earlier, stay cautious of the others 'cause they might kill you." I told him before leaving. However, he stopped me by calling me out."Have they tried to kill you?" He asked. I chuckled."Twice, Zetsu tried to eat me and Hidan got irritated to the point where he tried sacrificing me to his god. Then Otōsan got upset and they all backed off, but I eventually became friends with all of them. Don't worry, Ita-nī, you just need to let them warm up to you. Just don't show weakness. This group is like a pack of wolves. If you show weakness and uselessness, you die." I said before walking away.
•next day•
"Nariko, Itachi will be training you on your genjutsu. You should already know why." Otōsan said before walking away, leaving Ita-nī and I in the training grounds. It was silent for a while as he looked deep in thought about something. I shifted my feet around awkwardly, sort of wishing the pups were here to entertain me. However, they were grounded because Shiro bit Kuro's left front paw too hard to the point where it bled. Now they are in their realm, probably irritated with each other in their home while their mother is taking care of them and their dad is leading the pack like usual.
"Try to cast a genjutsu on me. I won't use my Sharingan unless I want to get out." Ita-nī ordered. I took a breath and concentrated, trying to get him to pass out and see himself being physically tortured. Nothing happened. I huffed, irritated that it still hasn't worked. Ita-nī became deep in thought again before dismissing me, saying that he needed to go get something.
•Itachi's POV•
I think I have a solution to Nariko's problem, though I may be wrong. And if I'm right, I won't know how to continue teaching her since what I'm getting her is something I don't know how to use. I quickly went to Pein's office and asked him if I could go to the Uchiha compound in the Hidden Leaf, and when I explained why he said that I could."If you think it might help her, then you may go retrieve this item. However, if she learns how to use it, she may become vulnerable in a fight. You will need to prepare her for that." He said. That brought new ideas into my mind, and I was having slight difficulty in finding a new solution. I'm not a Nara, so I can't just solve it in the snap of my fingers. Either way, I went back to the compound, masking my chakra and using the transformation jutsu to disguise myself just in case. I quickly headed to one of the houses and went to one of the rooms. When I entered that specific room, I went to the chest against the wall.'Izumi, I hope you don't mind me taking your stuff, but at least they will have some use again.' I thought before taking the flute. I paused as I saw some tools and cleaning supplies, along with a file that said 'flute genjutsu notes and music' on it. I gathered those as well before teleporting back to the hideout.
•Nariko's POV•
I stared at the case in front of me, a file and a box of some sort of cleaning supplies before looking at Ita-nī."What are these for again?" I asked."These might help you cast genjutsu. Learn how to play the flute, the instructions and warm ups are in the file along with other papers that will help you. Once you're done, come talk to me so we can try it out. If it works, I will tell you how you can defend yourself while casting the genjutsu." Ita-nī said before leaving my room. I looked back at the case before shrugging, deciding that it might improve my genjutsu skills and would be a cool pass time and hobby.
•two days later•
Ita-nī and I have been getting closer lately, he's been acting like a sweet and protective brother to me. And when we're alone he actually shows a bit of emotion to me, and it makes my day. Then Ningyō-nī and Dei ruin it by arguing about art, asking my opinion, and when I say "I think art is 'in the moment' sort of thing. Art could last for probably years, but it rarely lasts", Dei gloats to Ningyō-nī before the two start fighting. Ningyō-nī always forgives me though, saying that Dei is being a bad influence to my young mind.
Anyway, back to me and Ita-nī. Half an hour ago, he taught me how to use his crow clone jutsu. I had my Rinnegan on at that time, so I immediately memorized and mastered it. Then I realized what main animal I should use for my Rinnegan summoning jutsu. I activated my Animal path and did the jutsu, and a raven appeared between Ita-nī and I."Why did you summon a raven?" He asked."In dedication to you, I will have a raven as my other main summoning." I said cheerfully as the male bird flew onto my shoulder and making a sort of croak/squawk sound. Ita-nī sweat dropped."But I use crows not ravens." He stated. I shrugged."It's okay. He can be a scout and messenger, and I'll call him Kage." I announced, and his sweat drop became bigger.

" I announced, and his sweat drop became bigger

Edited 12/15/17