Chapter 4: Run And Go

As the three swiftly moved towards the hidden hideout of the Akatsuki, they were silent as they thought of some scenarios that may occur soon. Hidan and Kakuzu are thinking that Pein might want to speak to the child for information, and then kill her. However, they were also thinking about the slim chance that Pein may actually let the child join the organization. They then thought it was ridiculous and dismissed it, but it still lingered in the back of their minds. As for Nariko, she was focused solely on Kurama as he told her about his life: how he was created and the life he had while growing up with his siblings, when he was first sealed inside a mortal body, all of the things he had to do with and for his past hosts, and finally the experiences he had with Nariko's parents before the twins were born. He was about to tell her about that day, but he was interrupted when Nariko was shaken roughly back to reality."Child, we are here." Kakuzu stated, the three of them staring into the dark hideout from the entrance that Hidan opened. The three of them walked into the hallway, the sound of their footsteps echoing off the walls as the entrance closes again. The three are silent, the two Akatsuki members thinking about what they might do after they finish their current task while Nariko is curiously looking around. They make multiple turns, at least three, before coming to a stop in front of a door. Hidan and Kakuzu raise their hands at the same time to knock on the door, glare at each other, and quietly argue with each other as Nariko watches from in between them.' They're seriously arguing about who's gonna knock on the door?' The girl asked herself while sweat dropping. She then decided to just knock on the door herself before the argument got too heated, and the two immortals went silent as they heard her quietly knock."Come in." A man's voice said from within the room, and Kakuzu opened the door since he was closest to the knob.
"Pein, we have the girl." Kakuzu said as he put Nariko down in front of Pein's desk. Nariko looked around the room, seeing a lot of scrolls stacked in shelves before turning to look at a corner in the back of the room. She squints as she notices a woman standing in that corner, and smiles while waving at her before looking at the desk in front of her. There were many papers on the desk, as well as a small ink holder with a quill in it. Behind the desk and sitting in a chair was a strange looking man with orange hair and strange purple eyes staring at her. She tilted her head in confusion as she wondered why the man looked that way before she slightly jumped when he started speaking."You are Nariko Namikaze, correct?" Pein asked."Hai. Who are you and the pretty lady?" Nariko asked shyly, not used to talking to grownups that she doesn't know."I am Pein, and this is my partner Konan. I called you here to ask if you were willing to join this organization. There is a possibility that you can obtain the Rinnegan. I want you to obtain it, and when you do I will train you to control it." He explained."What's the Rinnegan?" Nariko asked. Pein then went into a full explanation on what it is, it's abilities and the myths behind it. He then told her that if she does obtain the dōjutsu, she will have to stay with them until she can control it and defend herself. She frowned at this, and remembers that she needs to return to Gaara and find her twin brother. She told Pein this, and he frowned as well, disappointed that she didn't immediately accept the offer. He still wanted her to join, so he decided this."Nariko, how about this. I will let you leave, and if you find your brother or your friend's village then I will leave you alone. However, if you get lost, then you have to come back and join us. Deal?" He proposed, and Nariko thought about it before agreeing."Leave." He ordered while glaring at her. She immediately felt intimidated and booked it towards the exit, remembering the way she came from. However, she hesitated when she exited the hideout. She didn't remember the path Miruzo and the two immortals took her through. Even so, she continued running after a few seconds of trying to remember.
Back inside the hideout in Pein's office, the leader of the organization had dismissed Hidan and Kakuzu before summoning Zetsu."I want you to follow her. Once she gets lost, and I know she will, bring her back here. Go." He ordered the cannibalistic fly trap. Zetsu melted back into the ground before going after the child, staying as hidden as possible to not be detected."Pein, why do you insist on having her join us? She is only a child, and there is only a slim chance that she will obtain the Rinnegan like you did." Konan asked."That is exactly why. She is a child, completely innocent and kind; she most likely wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally. With her pure mind and soul, she might have a chance to obtain the Rinnegan. And when she does, I will train her and raise her as my own. She will be of great use to the Akatsuki, and with hers and my Rinnegan we will be unstoppable." Pein said, and the two went silent, patiently waiting for Zetsu to return with Nariko as Pein went back to doing his paperwork.
Nariko raced through the woods, trees going past her quickly as she weaved through them. She made a few turns, trying to find either the leaf village or the desert. She wanted to find either one; if she found Konoha, she'll find her brother then eventually go back to Gaara, and vise versa for the desert. Gaara and her twin were her top priority, and if she didn't find them then she didn't know what she'd do. Kurama was silent, trying to recognize the area him and his host were in so he can help her. However, he wasn't sure. Everything looked the same, making the place look like an open labyrinth. Eventually, Nariko tripped over an uprooted root from a tree. As she collapsed, she could feel and register her body screaming in pain from the strain it was put in. She traveled far and fast, and her body wasn't used to it. It was so bad to the point that Nariko started to black out. Tears streamed down her face as she thought that she won't be able to return to her friend and find her brother before she finally fell unconscious. Zetsu appeared from the ground and picked up Nariko before quickly heading back to the hideout. With this happening, Nariko will have to accept the fact that she has to join the Akatsuki whether her and her loved ones like it or not.
In the background while all of these events occurred, a man in a orange mask watched and recognized the girl. Hoping that he's correct on his information, he plans on informing Pein of it so that the mission will commence. Soon enough, he will convince another person to join the organization as well. He just needs to have a flawless strategy in order to win this game of shogi.