Chapter 3

Edward didn't come to school the last few days, and Bella got more and more pissed. Ofcourse Danielle was the one who had to deal with it. She sighed walking into History class and sat next to Jasper, as per usual. She put her book on the table and waited for class to start.

"Hello, Danielle." the sweet voice said unexpectedly, startling the girl slightly.

"You're talking to me?" she looked around her "I didn't realise you knew my name." she said sarcastically, the boy chuckled softly revealing his dimples.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude, ma'am." he said with an accent.

Danielle was stunned for a minute as she saw his dimples. But quickly regained her composure.

"Anyway, it's just Dani or Dan. And hello, Jasper." Danielle said smiling at the boy.

"Alright, Dani. How are you?"

"I'm perfect. And you?" she said.

"I'm fine." Jasper smiled at her and she felt her heart pick up the pace.

Then the class started and their talk got cut off. Danielle focused on the lesson, but felt Jasper staring at her. She looked at him and their eyes met. They stared into each other's eyes as Danielle started to feel nervous but then a wave of calmness hit her and she smiled at the boy once again, before starting to take notes. When the bell rang, Jasper surprisingly didn't hurry to leave. Instead he waited for Danielle to gather her things.

"So, where are you from?" Danielle asked not wanting to make him feel awkward while waiting on her "You've got a nice accent." she added.

"I was born in Texas."

"Texas? Oh my God, I love your accent. Maybe I should move there." Danielle looked at Jasper, realising what she said "I'm sorry, I tend to talk a lot when I'm nervous." she paused "Not that you make me nervous but..." she felt her nervousness getting the best of her, when the calmness hit her again.

"It's alright." Jasper chuckled.

"I don't know why but I feel very calm around you." she whispered.

"Yeah, I get that a lot."

Danielle looked at Jasper giving him a smile. Her hand brushed against his as someone bumped into her slightly. It was freezing cold. She looked at Jasper shocked. She saw the shock in his eyes also. He turned around to leave but she stepped in front of him.

"It was nice talking to you, Jasper." she smiled and waved her hand, as she walked away to her next class.

She spent the rest of the day thinking about the incident. She knew something didn't seem normal, but she also knew that she shouldn't stick her nose in someone else's business. Bella looked for Edward during lunch. It seems to have become a routine now. After Danielle finished her classes she found Bella waiting on her by the entrance.

"'Sup little sis?" Danielle smiled and put her arm around Bella's shoulders.

"Not much." Bella huffed "But I saw you and Jasper Hale talking in the hall." her face lit up with a grin "What's going on between you two?"

Danielle rolled her eyes as they got to their truck. Danielle and Bella took a glance at the Cullens who were staring at them. Danielle smiled softly at them and went into the car. She saw Bella still staring at them. So she knocked on the window from the inside, startling her sister.

"You getting in or not?"

"Yeah, don't be so hasty." Bella said annoyed.

Danielle started the engine and and drove away from the parking lot.