Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

*The next morning*

You wake up to hear your phone dinging. You look to see that Jack is texting you with plans for the day.

Jack: Hey!

You: Hey!

Jack: I was thinking we could go to the mall. What do you think?

You: Sure, what time?

Jack: 11?

You: Okay, sounds good!

Jack: See you then!

It is already 10 so you go downstairs to eat breakfast. You see a note on the table saying your mom and your sister went to the grocery store. Next to the note is a bagel your mom left you for breakfast. You quickly eat and head back upstairs to get ready.

Next thing you know it is 11 o'clock. You get your bag and go downstairs. The doorbell rings and you see Jack waiting there.

"Ready to go?" he asks.

"Yup," you say uncertainly.

Jack's POV

We get in the car and we don't say anything. All the way there Y/N is silent. I wish she would say something. She seems so uncomfortable. I miss hanging out with her, but I don't know how to tell her. I feel so bad for leaving and not keeping in touch.

Y/N POV

We agreed on a restaurant and sat down in a booth. I was trying to think of something not totally awkward when Jack said,

"Hey, I saw you in dance class with my mom, you're really good."

"Yeah you're mom's a really good teacher, I really do love her class!" You say, thinking this may be able to start an actual conversation.

"Remember we used to dance around the house when we were five?" Jack smiled.

"Yeah, being best friends really was fun." You said hoping he'd catch on about how you were still a little angry about how he left and never responded.

"So, who do you hang out with now?" Jack asked you.

"Well, I hang out with Taylor but she turned on me last year, but I met Emily and Sarah who I'm close with."

Jack's POV

I never realized how much I hurt her when I left, I really do feel awful. It seems like she hasn't gotten close to anyone in a long time. I really didn't want to leave her when I found out I was going to L.A., but the opportunity was too good to miss. With all of my new work, I never had time to text Y/N even though when I left I promised myself I would.

Y/N POV

Throughout your rest of your time at the mall, you and Jack talked about all the memories you'd made as kids, and you realized you were having a real, non-awkward conversation. On the car ride home when you had finished laughing about a time you had in fifth grade, Jack suddenly asked

"Do you want to move to LA with me for the summer?"