I'm So Sorry

I know that on Saturday or so, I seemed to be getting better. I was. Or at least thought so. But now, that's not the case. I'm leaving Wattpad. I don't know for how long or if I'll ever come back. This is really hard and I don't know what to think right now. I'm crying as I type this.

On Monday, my routine blood work came back and there was high potassium and sodium in my blood. The doctors said they thought that it was just caused by dehydration, as I hadn't been on IV fluids in a while and they thought I wasn't drinking enough. They gave me IV fluids and IV glucose to lower the potassium.

That afternoon though, I went to get out of bed to take a shower and my mom noticed that my legs and feet were swollen. She told me to go back to bed and called the nurse who in turn contacted one of my doctors. My doctor ordered for more blood tests immediately and asked if I had experienced anything odd or felt sick, more so than normal. I told him that I had back pain but thought it was cause I stay in bed a lot or from physically therapy. I was ordered for an ultrasound of my kidneys immediately. 

I came back and in about 30 minutes my doctor and another that said she was a neprhologist came back and told us that I have kidney failure. The nephrologist said that the next morning I was going to have a kidney biopsy to see what type it was but she suspected acute kidney failure caused by damage by the dehydration from the anorexia and made worse by the vomiting from the gastreoparesis. She also needed to see how severe it was since it most likely had been developing 6 months, so we could find out what our best options were.

I was then taken to have a central veneous catheter placed to have emergency dialysis to filter everything from my blood, since no one knew yet if dialysis was going to be what I dealt with for a while or just a little bit because it would take about three days for the biopsy results to come back. I was moved from the general pediatrics floor to the neprhology floor and was signed over to their care. I had my first dialysis treatment and just waited.

The biopsy came back on Wednesday morning and they determined I had stage 4 kidney failure and would need a transplant in the near future. They told my parents that I could expect to have a transplant in a year to two years or they could find a family member to be a possible donor. 

My parents and I are trying to make so many decisons now and we don't know what will happen. I hope one day I can come back with good things to say, but for now I really need to go. I'll miss you guys and I love you all for the support you have given me. I'm sorry for leaving, but this is what I need to do.