41 | Chapter XLI - Til Death Do Us Part

—————————————————

Marry Me - Hans Zimmer
(At Worlds End Soundtrack)

———————————————-

   Everyone in the room begins to panic and begins running in every direction. I lay, clutching my fathers lifeless body.

    Em runs up behind me and grabs me, pulling me off of the ground as Jay lifts me up, ignoring my thrashing as my screams threaten to burst his eardrums, he ignores me, sprinting off in an unknown direction.

I can hear the screams of children, woman and men as wolves begin attacking people: ripping them to shreds on the stained golden floor, slowly, it becoming a dark shade of red.

The thick oozing blood pooling over and spreading like a disease.

My natural instincts kick in as I throw myself from Jays arms and begin running, my legs struggling to kick through the thick layers on fabric on my dress. I almost forget to breathe.

We continue running down a short hall, stopping when Jay opens a door and throws both Em, Alec, himself and I in it. We lay against the wall, breathing heavily as we regain our focus in complete silence.

My hands are shaking, and my lip trembles under the pressure of my emotions. I take a quick look around the room that we are in, looking for anything that could be of any use. I notice that there's a small group of three in the room, all three of the small group look under 14, the two young boys clinging to each other and a little girl for their life, shaking as though they had never experienced warmth.

As I slowly make my way over to them, raising my hands to show that I'm not a threat. I calm-fully breathe in and out, reminding myself that I will only give them courage from using my own, like a king leading his army.

"Caleb..."one mutters, looking at me with wide eyes. All of them are wolves, that I can tell - but all three of them are too young to have turned, meaning that they would still mortal.

Still just children.

Caleb has short ash coloured hair which curls lightly at the ends, his darks eyes dilated with fear as he looks at me, his body trembling.

"You're her, aren't you?" He almost whispers, opening his eyes wide as he lightly taps the small dark haired girl in his arms. The other boy, who's name I learn is Xavier, lightly stares at me with his lips parted, and gently removes his arms from around the dark haired girl who's eyes are shut as she lies across both of their laps. Almost lifeless.

I spot a large cash across her waist, and just staring at her reminds me that's she just a child. Too innocent and good. Her small features remind me of Saorsa, and the worlds that she does not fit into. She's alone, and she's almost always been alone. What worries me is that she will never be accepted, even as a child.

I lightly place both arms around the young girl, lifting her off of the ground and into my arms as I sit down on a dark oak desk. Both boys immediately run over beside me, watching the girl closely with panicked eyes as they exchange knowing looks.

The others who have been watching me closely, come over beside me, and Em lightly places an hand on my shoulder, watching me with tears in her eyes.

"Can-can you help my sister?" The dark haired boy Xavier asks, lightly rocking back and forward as tears stream down his face. I desperately breathe for air, looking up to Em and Alec for advice, because the young girl in my arms is almost dead, and healing her would take so much energy to complete.