23 | Chapter XXIII - The Life I Never Lived

——————————————————-
Centuries - Fall Out Boy

This is sorta a filler chapter so it's much shorter.
————————————————————

       "The look on your face is utterly priceless right now." Catori burst out laughing, "you haven't changed a bit." She leaned forward, picking up my chin and forcing me to look her in the eyes.

"You're still pathetic."

I choked as another hard slap hit me across the face. Causing me to cry out in pain as a slatter of blood excited my mouth. But still, I showed my anger through my face. Trying to intimidate her in whatever way I could - it was the only thing I could do.

"Oh Cecilinda, how you haven't changed a bit," A smirk came across her evil face. "Get her outta my sight and clear up the humans mess." She ordered, commanding two wolves with the flick of her wrist.

Two large males came towards me, grabbing both of my arms. I barely had the energy to look up at them, but by the stench that I was smelling indicated that they'd never heard of a shower.

I was dragged across the floor, my legs dangling behind me as my eyes encountered a tragic sight. My best friend's eyes were still wide open in terror, but even though they were open I knew that there was no sight coming out of them. Death had stolen her from me. She would never blink again.

The disgusting wolves brought me into the large room filled with cages and soon enough, the sounds of cries filled my ears. The wolf brought me to my cage and practically threw me into it, laughing when my face made impact with the ground.

Sobs threatened to escape, but a comforting voice stopped them. A smooth voice which I knew belonged to the wolf beside me, I could hear pity through his soft words.

"Are you okay?" They rang through my sore ears. Do I look like I'm okay?

I didn't have the energy to respond, instead I clung to the darkness around me. My body felt like a ship on stormy waters, threatening to sink at any moment.

One thing was sure, Arialia and I were polar opposites. She took the life force from people and stole their energy, but I gave it.

I gave my life for others...and she took her life for herself. We were like Ying and Yang, and now...she was torturing me for a life I never lived.

I healed Others. I always Had.

A small tear left my eye as I clung to the cold dark floor, a simple name slipping out between my frozen lips.

"Hunter..."

******

Hunters Pov

I stood up as her voice rang in my ears. Both Em and my parents looking at me worryingly as I did so.

"Hunter what is it?" Em asked, standing herself up from my couch and placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. Careful to avoid the large cut that ran from my bicep to my wrist, It hadn't started to heal yet.

"Emmaline...I heard her." I spoke softly while turning to look at my door. Now both of my parents stood up and my father clenched his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Hunter what do you mean?" My mother asked, placing an arm around my father for support. Both shock and worry in their expressions, they egged me on for an explanation.

"She said my name.." I stopped to look up at them, "I heard her."

My wolf purred possessively. Every part of my body was fighting against not running out of the door to find her. But I'd already tried that, and we'd gotten nowhere.

Frustration filled my body, and I quickly ran out of the house and shifted. Not even caring that we stayed in the middle of the street.

Maybe seeing a big-ass werewolf in the middle of the street might create some drama in their lives. And I was willing to give some of mine up, for too much had happened to me recently.

My wolf took me straight to the woods where we continued to run at top speed until I couldn't breathe. Until I felt as though I was going to throw up my own lungs.

Laying down on the ground, my wolf looked up into the stars that were now starting to appear in the star, the faint yellow from the sunset was still fresh in the sky.

I knew that I heard her, but I also knew that it was impossible. We hadn't fully mated yet.

Usually I wasn't a sentimental kinda guy, but I began crying. Loudly and painfully as I yearned for Cece. It was my fault....everything happened because of me.

Being separated from her felt like being cut off from oxygen itself, I couldn't breathe and I couldn't think.

Out there, she was alone, and who knew what she was dealing with. For all I knew, she could've been dead. But Em told me if she was, I would've been dealing with an insane amount of pain.

Sometimes so brutal it kills Wolves. But sometimes, the wolf is so strong that they pull through.

My mind filled with regret and the multiple times I could've marked her and permanently made her mine. But I didn't, and it may one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

It was my fault she was taken, I wasn't good enough. I wasn't strong enough.

She is the only heir to the throne of the entire kingdom, and she's missing because of me. Because I thought I was a big tough wolf that could deal with anything. The reality was different.

I'd never even properly told her how I felt about her, how every time I saw her I couldn't help but smile, even when she was giving me death stares for beating up her ex-boyfriend. How I didn't want to have anyone else near her but me.

But I didn't deserve her.

More small tears leaked from my eyes as I lay down completely in wolf form. The moons rays peaking through the trees, lightening up the woods as if it were a completely different world.

Instead I shut my eyes, and opened my ears.
I was going to find her, with or without my family's help.

I whispered into the ground a name. The name of a young girl who's life had been flipped upside down in less than two months. A girl who's life had werewolf's and an guardian thrown in the mix, aswell a mate that....that felt strongly about her.

The girl whom I hadn't admitted it too yet but would as soon as I saw her, The girl I loved.

"Cecelia Lake."