43 | Chapter XLIII - When You Love Someone So Much

———————————————-
Play With Fire - Sam Tinnesz
—————————————

     Someone lightly shakes me, ushering me to wake up. I feel both hands at either sides of my face as they gently stroke my cheek.

    "Come back to me Ce, come back."

My eyes gently open as I breathe in and out, drastically filling my lungs with air like a sailor who has been deprived of oxygen. As I look forward I see a very happy Hunter, I immediately jump into his arms holding him tight as I shake, the fear of loosing him releasing from my body.

I look over and see Catori on the ground clutching her neck tightly as blood runs from it, she's laying in a crowd of bodies who's life she stole.

    Hunter brings me to my feet, careful not to step on my dress. I look around, and there's still tons of fighting going on, except this time - we have more wolves.

    "Jay." Hunter smiles, "he managed to go and get help, the Batail Alpha sent 100 wolves to help get the children back that apparently snuck out, and also to help take the kingdom back." He finishes, beginning to run with me to safety.

    I'm tired, but everything is working and the gash that was on my stomach has healed, but I can't push away the feeling that it hasn't.

    We run to a set of doors, passing by a large mirror which shows just how dead I look. My naturally tanned skin is now pale and my blue eyes have lost their shine.

   As Hunter is about to drag me out the hall, I watch, as one of our wolfs injures one of the rogues, causing it to fall backwards, but as one of our wolfs prepares to kill it. It begins to whine, the life and colour draining out of its body.

    It landed beside Catori, and she killed one of her own to save herself.

Three Batail Wolves run to take her down, one male and two females, instantly, the male is torn to shreads, and returns to his human form, soon followed by the other female who I assume is his mate. She collapses beside him, her purple hair falling around her face wildly as she screams, and the other female who has red hair, cries out as she is slashed across the face by one of the rogues.

Catori then begins to drain her soul.

I watch as her wounds begin to close up and she has her eyes set on me. I loosen Hunters grip on my arm and run towards her, jumping into the air with two legs - but landing on the ground with four.

I snarl at her as I look at my reflection for the first time. I'm completely white, my coat shines as the clean, white fur that covers my body acts like a shield to me.

I walk towards Catori, snarling and growling as I itch closer and closer. She also changes, and becomes a large black wolf , threatening to attack at any second. The girl with red hair manages to break free of Catori's grip, and runs.

Catori's attention turns to me, as she prepares to fight.

    Firstly however, she sends three rogues to have a shot as she watches with her eyes glued to me. I notice that behind Hunter has also turned, but stands back as he knows I can handle myself.

      Alek, Jay and my mom also run into the room that is still a battlefield. Alec ushers my mom behind her as they try to stay as far out of danger as possible.

   I assume Em is still with the little girl, keeping her as safe as she can and as far away from the chaos as possible. A grey wolf attacks me, going for my leg as I quickly move out of the way, snarling at it as show my teeth.