12 | Chapter XII - Butterflies In The Stomach

——————————————————-
Dream ~ Imagine Dragons
—————————————————

Once I had finally made it out of the corridor, I ran into the toilets after feeling extremely sick to the stomach. Trying to draw as little attention to me as possible.

The one guy I thought I loved to death had just wanted me back, and I'd threw it straight into his face. I swear I must be absolutely crazy sometimes - this isn't me.

I placed both of my hands at the sides of the sinks and gripped it roughly, trying to force my unwanted pain onto it as if it was another person. Painful tears were streaming down my bloated face as I let large sobs release from inside me. My knees were weak and shaking at this point and I wanted nothing more than to collapse to the ground in a heap, after all...that was what I deserved.

It was times like this that I was stupid. Crying over a boy that had insulted me deeply was never worth it, and I didn't even realize that there was another girl in the bathroom until a gentle hand grazed my back in a comforting manor.

I looked up at my reflection in the steamy mirror, only to catch eyes with the view of a broken girl that stared back. Broken tears and horrible messed up, dripping mascara surrounded my eyes and ran as far down as my neck. Very carefully I turned around to see a very concerned looking Amy looking at me with wide eyes.

No words had to be spoken as gently she wrapped her arms around me in a motherly hug. I had to admit, seeing Amy not act like a 5-year-old was defiantly new - and actually quite nice for once.

I'd imagined that she would've probably gone through this with her little sister at one point anyway since she knew exactly what she was doing when it came to heart-broken little girls.

Her sister was 14-years-old now and recently had gotten dumped by her best friend's brother. It was a clichè that all girls knew should never happen, but it was still sad to have your heart broken - no matter how it happened and for whatever reason. 14-years-old or 50, it still hurt all the same.

      "Do you want me to walk you home?" Amy asked softly; wiping a tear from under my swollen eye as she tried to give me a soft, comforting smile.
"You've had a hard time recently......we all have." A small sigh then followed,

   I only nodded gently, and sobbed a little more into her hair which was a mix of snot, tears...and some more snot. She then lifted my head off of her shoulder and out of her messy ginger hair so I could look her in the eye when she spoke to me.

     "He was an ass that did not see the beautiful girl I see in front of me, you are my best friend." I saw a glinter of sadness in her green eyes. "and never forget that...no matter what happens."

     I wrapped my arms around her once more which gained me a smile as she chuckled slightly before speaking again - this time her usual-bubbly self.

      "We are going to your house to watch snobby teen-movies and gush over Hunter! He totally has the hot's for you!" I cringed as a slow smile crept up onto my face, the only problem with her statement wasn't that Hunter had the hot's for me...I was sure it was the other way around.

      Amy then wrapped her arm around my side and began walking out of the bathrooms with me. Not once letting me feel bad about myself as she bombarded me with compliments.

    Boys weren't worth it - she said to me, looking me deep in the eye. Ever.

*****