4 | Hunters Are Hot

——————————————————
Sia - California Dreamin'
——————————————————

My heart begins pounding loudly in my chest. She couldn't have been talking about the boy with the black hoodie? Could she?

Anxiously, I walk through the door, still showing a friendly smile on my face. The first thing I notice when I enter the house that it was now completely different to the last time.

The last person too stay in the house died in hospital over a year ago after she was attacked by a bear. She was very kind to me, and I often came over to keep her company.

She went out to walk her dog in the woods during the day, I remember sitting at my window watching the leaves fly down the street when she left the house, just a typical middle-aged woman and her dog. She walked along the pavement out of sight and was never seen alive again.

Once she was pronounced dead, the house remained empty for a long time. No one bought it, no one wanted it. I'm surprised that it was even still up for sale nevermind sold.

All around the walls were paintings which was normal for a family. My mom had them all around the house from when she painted, and it really brought our house to life. I unfortunately didn't have this talent, I was a pathetic painter.

The thing that stood out in every painting was the one thing they all had in common, a wolf.
Every painting was different, some being vibrant and warm - with colours that contrasted and looked beautiful.

I may not have been good at art, but damn I had a good eye for it and whoever had painted these was good, really good.

One specific canvas stood out, it was an ink paining which used many colours. In the centre it had a wolf's head, and from the fur around it it stretched into a variety of blues and pinks and purples.

"It's my favourite one." Aidon smiles, bringing a tray of tea with him.

Such a clichè, I laugh to myself.

"Oh no we..." Amy began immediately getting cut off by Rose.

"It's okay, we thought it'd be rude not to to offer you something for coming to introduce yourself ." She says kindly, she had the smoothest voice I'd ever heard and it gave be goosebumps.

"Sorry about the tea." She continued, never dropping her smile.

"It's just what we're used to, after living in England for a few years."

"Do any of you girls want a Jaffa cake?" The tall man spoke, sitting down in the couch across from us In the large living room.

"A..Jaffa what?" I laugh at him, hearing the funny sounding name of the small sponge thing that was placed before me.

But oh my gosh it was delicious.

Both Amy and Em took at bite, and were just as surprised as me at the yummy taste.

"These are amazing!" Em smiles, taking another one from the plate below on the coffee table. It was nice to see her so comfortable so quickly around strangers.

Aidon smiles contently and continues the conversation, "So where do you girls all live?" He asksEm and Amy, giving them a warm smile as he places his hands on his lap.

Em spoke first very confidently,

"I live a few doors down From Cece, I've lived here most of my life but I used to live in New York." She finished, eyeing up another Jaffa cake.