| 8 |

| Olivia |

Where was I? Bright, blinding lights were the only thing my blurry vision could make out from my sight. Slowly, it transformed into a room.
Not just any room, but a hospital room. My body ached horribly, and I couldn't remember anything. Despite the fact that my head pounded in affliction, I sit up, groaning.

That's right.
My father came in to harm me late at night. It was dark, and somehow, I remember being knocked out. I didn't know what he exactly did to me, but it seems like he must've had a good shot on me. I decide to lift up my shirt, revealing what even I was bewildered to the bones to see. Several scars, most likely by a knife, and one huge, bloody deep wound. I winced just looking at it.

I hoped he wouldn't hurt Patrick or Elisa-- since they were the only ones that cared about me. I put them through so much problems yet I didn't want to be in torment, no matter how many times I've said it to myself.

I want my so-called dad to be deceased for all he's done to me. In fact, I felt as if I hadn't known what family felt like until Patrick came in to my life. Here's the thing: you don't chose your family once you're an orphan. Your family, or Patrick, comes into your life, hits you in the head mentally with a box of chocolates, and point a finger declaring how they chose you. Only Patrick and Elisa made me feel comforted, and though I may have not realized it then; I really need them. My thoughts invaded my brain, right before the door cracked open.

Someone peeked their head in, and a gentle smile rested on their face when they saw me.
"Hey, Olivia..."
Patrick.

"Dad... are you okay?" I throw my arms around him as he gets closer to me.

He rubs my back. "The real question is if you are."

"Not really," I admit. I was going to add on before Patrick interrupted me.

"The cops found a shoe outside, which belonged to your father. It'll make it easier to find him, but I still don't know how he found you." Patrick steps back nervously and rubs his neck.

I glare at him in shock, my mouth twitching in an attempt for words. What am I supposed to say? I apologize that I got kidnapped by my father and put you through this rush to find me? "I'm sorry; I'm putting you all in danger..." I say, blankly, my brain trying to form the right words to say though miserably failed.

Patrick doesn't reply. That just made me angry; mentally kicking myself in the face as I watch him look to the floor, changing the subject. "You hungry?"

"Kind of." I peer down at my aching stomach.

"I can bring you something from a fast food place if you want," Patrick started. I close my eyes, thinking harder than I should've about choosing a Fast-Food Restaurant to eat at. I told myself that although Patrick asked me if I wanted to go out and eat, I sensed that he is afraid of me getting hurt or my dad somehow ending up spotting me in public.

I only nod, because my hunger took control over my brain as the final decision. "A salad from Subway?"

Patrick's expression appeared to be confused. He opened his mouth, as if he were hesitant to say something. Instead, he just closed it and nodded. He leans down, kissing my forehead. I saw him stare at me with a sorrowful look; which I almost turned my head to. It was like I was ruining him-- I was destroying his house. It's my fault since I'm actually alive.

Patrick slowly turns the doorknob, twisting it until it opens and leaves the building.
I hope he'll be okay.

*

"Hello?" Patrick picks up the phone.

"Mr. Stump sir," the doctor starts. "Your daughter... she-"

"Is she okay?" Patrick's heart pumps rather quickly through his body, sending dizziness to his head.

"She doesn't look too well..."

"She was fine just before I left!" Patrick's fingers nervously play at his phone as he held it to his ear.

"Soon after you left, she had a heart attack." The doctor's voice was terrifyingly calm. "We are giving her medications right now."

Hesitance hits his voice before he decides to add more. "I think you should give her a visit in case she.... she... vanishes."