| 5 |

Happy late Thanksgiving! This is sort of a boring chapter, so if you want the action, skip to where it's underlined.

| Olivia's Dad |

She's living with Patrick Martin Stump, some kind-ass guy that will treat her fair.
No, this isn't happening. Nobody messed with my daughter, but me! I will punish her so hard for doing this to me.

I need to find a way to escape, though. I was put in prison last night when I was found.
I have some plans to escape.

| Olivia |

Today is Thanksgiving. I've never had a real Thanksgiving before, really. There wasn't much to be grateful for before this.
I woke up to the smell of turkey blended with some other things. I followed it to the kitchen where Patrick..- dad and mom were cooking.

"Hey." I rubbed my eyes, hugging Patrick from behind.
Patrick put his free arm on my shoulder, turning around so we can hug properly.

"You ready for the big day today?" He smiled sweetly.

I nod, excited. "Heck yeah." Elisabeth and Patrick both give a short laugh, then return to cooking.
I head to the living room, suddenly realizing today was school.

Crap! I scramble over to my torn up backpack, rummaging through it. I took out some useless papers, throwing them away and racing back to the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I sounded in a panic.

Patrick looked at the clock. "9:00 am," he looked back at me. "Why?"

"I'm missing school, I think!"

"Sweetie," Patrick chuckled. "Today's off. If you were late, I would've been late as well."

I sigh in relief. "Good, heh." I set back down my backpack.

Elisabeth called me and Patrick over. I trailed behind Patrick as we walked over. "Family will be coming over today from both mine and Patrick's side of the family," she explained. "Are you okay with that?"

"Y-Yeah." I honestly felt a little scared, and I felt a pinch of nervous-feelings in my stomach.

A small laugh escaped Patrick's lips. "They won't bite." He pulled me into a side hug, and I let my shoulders drop.

*

Over the past hours, I sat in bed. I couldn't think straight, I even had a panic attack. My dad could escape any moment..

I didn't want to think that. I shifted over, holding in tears through my blinking eyes. I heard the door crack open.
"Olivia?" My new dad's voice called.

I sat up quickly. "Yes?"

"Feeling okay?" He opened the door wider, pacing in.

"Of course, just... nervous." It wasn't a lie. I'm nervous for many things.

Patrick came over and rubbed my shoulder. "It's okay," he closes his eyes. "I understand.. you were adopted yesterday, and meeting new people must be scary for you."