18. Stand by me? (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

Cause it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to

And I'm in love with you
And all these little things

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if it's true, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all your little things..."

He grumbled under his breath as soon as it ended and before some other song could come up, he switched off the system.

"Now, wasn't that refreshing? Oh, by the way, we are gonna drop by the church. Have to talk to Father Joseph." She said, a grin occupying her features.

"Then we will have to take some flowers, as I will visit my mom too."
************************************

"Thank you so much Faye, you should let you father and mother know that, we all are really thankful for all the support and love for this church." He said as Faye held out the orange envelope for him to take.

"It's our pleasure Father. This church has always been dear to my grandpa and honestly, being able to do something for this place, is like doing something for him, I should be glad that I got something to give you and this place." She said, a warm smile complimenting her features.

"It's all your kindness Faye...." "Anyways, I heard that River is here with you..."

"Yah, yah, he is..."

The warm smile never left her face.

"How is he doing? Really?" Concern was laced in his voice.

"Better... A lot better..."

"That's good. Finally, he's moving with the flow... He's letting her go..."

"He's healing... that's all I need..."

At that, Father Joseph threw her a wide grin and led her out of the church.

"Don't you wanna meet him?" She asked as she passed the gate.

He simply shook his head and after bidding her farewell, he walked away from there.
************************************

She reached the cemetery after a two minute walk and instantly made her way towards the place where she knew River would be found.

His step mother's graveyard.

As soon as she reached the place, a small smile made its way towards her face.

She saw River sitting there, a bouquet of white lilies on his hands.

"Hey River." She called for him, hoping that she will not have to face something that she had not prepared herself for.

"What took you so long?" He stood up and turned around to face her. The smile that was complimenting his face made her stomach feel butterflies.

She instantly ran to him and jumped upon him, wrapping her arms around his shoulder.

"What's up with the affection?" River asked, chuckling.

"I am happy." She said, separating herself from him.

"Aha?" He raised his eyebrows looking at her.

"Yup." And she instantly turned around, walking towards the car.

She was happy cause he was not crying, she was happy cause when she looked at him, he did not look broken, she was happy cause he was smiling, she was happy cause he was finally letting things go.

"Wait for me." She heard his faint voice from behind and turning around, stick out her tongue playfully at him, before running away from there.
************************************