Getting fired

This is inspired to what happened to me the week before Thanksgiving after only working there for a total of 16 days because apparently we are only able to screw up once and then if you screw up again your fired.

You loved your new job, you mainly loved the people you worked with because of how great they were. It was like a family. You worked at a local store/restaurant. They sold local produce and such from local farms so everything was fresh organic. It was a small place, which you liked. You never liked big places with a lot of people.

You even served food. They would have the stuff on the menus that they served everyday then there was the specials that changes every week. Always delicious. The cash register was old and sometimes hard to use and even messed up on it a lot. You wished they would switch to using an iPad. That would be so much easier. But you made do. And having any questions about anything calling your boss for help.

One of the tasks was doing things on a list that was under the cash register. It had different things on it like having to sweep your area, mopping, taking the trash, making sure things are stocked, general cleaning and pulling things off the shelves that are about to expire and putting them on the half price shelf. That sort of stuff. And Tyler, your boyfriend, and the gang would come by when you're working for a bite to eat.

You had only worked there for a little over two months and only 2 days a week because you were going to school to finish your degree. So you would sometimes forget to do somethings on the list because of it being under the registrar and not seeing it. Because if you do not see something you will forget it is a thing. 

****** 

You walk into work Friday for your shift.

"Hello!" I say happily.

 "Hello!" Your boss Jim says.

You put your apron on and get to work. 

It was a slow day but you get things done, like serving and doing your chores.

******

When the clock hits 7 you lock the door and start to do close the register. 

Once you do the register and deposit is done you and your co workers turn off the lights and head home to Tyler.

You open the door to the house. "Tyler! I'm home!" You yell.

"I'm in the living room!" He yells back.

You walk into the living room and see him on the couch watching netflix. You sit down and join him, snuggling up to him.

*****

The next day. 

You walk into work at your shift and go behind the counter to get your time sheet to put in the start of your shift. Your boss and manager walk to you with serious faces. You know when Jim has a serious face something is wrong. He had a sticky note in his hand. 

"This is a list of things you didn't do last night." He holds up the sticky note. Then gets out the list from the register. "I have made this list for a reason. If you do follow this list you are not obeying me. I am not paying you to do nothing. You have forgotten to do the things on the list before and we even retrained you and that obviously that has not worked. So you are fired and I want you out." 

You stand there in shock because you could have sworn you have done everything on the list. You do not say anything and look at the manager. She just looks at you with a face that says 'im sorry'. And you walk out to your car feeling like you need to cry.

On the way home you cant hold it in anymore. Tears roll down your face. 

When you get home you open the door and Tyler is standing in the kitchen. 

"Hey why aren't you at work?" He then sees there tear stains on your cheeks. "What happened?!" 

"I-I got fired." I say tears running down your face again. 

Tyler pulls you into a hug. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. Do you know why?"

"Apparently I didn't do everything on the list we were supposed to do when I thought I did. But he never told me what I missed. He had a sticky note that had the things on it but I didn't get to read it because I was to shocked and he asked me to leave so I did." 

"Well that's stupid. You only worked there for a little over 2 months and only on the weekends. So of course your going to mess up and forget to do something."

"Yeah but still."

"Hey look at me. You are going to find a new job. Better than there. Why don't work with Mark and us. It's a lot of fun. You could learn to edit and do other things."

"Tyler, thank you, your great." You kiss his cheek.

"I know."