Special Chapter: The Early Years

Start from the beginning

"I thought we were friends, Fyna," Percy pouted, looking at her with puppy eyes.

They suddenly heard laughing approaching them and saw Sylas cackling like a hyena with Harmony in tow, grinning. "Looks like the Prince is grounded from his playground," Sylas said, laughing as they approached the training area.

"Again!" Harmony added, joining in with Sylas.

"Screw you, guys!" Percy yelled at them, only responded with another round of laughter.

"Sorry, Percy," said Fyna. "But until you stop this habit of yours, this will keep happening."

"Watch my Army crumble, Fyna," he grumbled under his breath.

"Don't be dramatic, Prince. They survived long without you, it can hold itself for more than a few weeks."

~

It's been two weeks. Two whole weeks and Nico still has trouble remembering that he was no longer on Earth and that he had joined his best friend in the most powerful army anyone could know and that his best friend is the prince of the universe.

But in his defense, there hasn't been any action to actually solidify the fact that he, himself is a Section Leader.

So, imagine his surprise when he finds his said best friend on his way to get breakfast all decked up in fancy armory as if he came out of a video game with his weapons all saddled in places, reading a file on that holographic screen he sees him with so many times.

Percy looked up, raising his cup of coffee to him and said: "Morning."

"What's with that getup?"

"Job," he answered, without removing his eyes from the file. "There's a war going on in a planet 68 light years away. I'll be gone for a month or so."

"Sounds exciting."

Percy chuckled, noticing the underlying tone underneath Nico's answer. "Don't worry," he reassured. "Today, you're going to go through an assessment to see where you're at and all that before you actually head into training. Although, today marks the beginning of your training. So, have fun with that."

"And how long is this training going to last?"

"For quite a while. There are many stages which they'll explain to you later on."

Nico sat down across from his friend as he waits for his food to finish. "Did you go through a lot of training?"

Percy finally puts down his screen and smiled at his second-in-command. "Oh, you bet. One would think that me, being the prince, I get to skip out on all this but since I'm the Commander and Prince, which doesn't really happen, the risk of everyone wanting my head on a silver platter is very high so I had to go through really intense training. Which is why we both have different regimens."

"I don't understand why you'd choose to be both at the same time. That seems like that's a lot on your shoulders."

"We all have our reasons for our choices."

And what your reason, Percy?

~

"By the grace of Zeus' gigantic ego," Luke panted, "This is hell!" He collapsed to the ground, his sword cluttering beside him. "I can't do this anymore."

"If you can't make it through your first month, I don't think it's looking to well for you by the end of the year," Sylas commented.

"Screw this, I quit."

"I didn't peg you for a quitter, Luke," a new voice said. All the training section leaders turned to the source and found Percy leaning on the doorway with a smirk. "You hardly made it through phase one."