Day 5

Mark knocked on the door with his free hand, his other hand holding onto King's. Mrs. Bolton opened the door and smiled slightly, glancing over the group. "How's Dapper?"

"He seems fine this morning." Mark grinned.

Looking down again Mrs. Bolton found Dapper waving frantically. "Oh good!"

"Yup. Back to his spastic little self." Mark smiled, looking back to Mrs. Bolton. "I hope you're still willing to keep them? I eventually convinced Google to tell me what happened and it sounds like it was a pretty rough day."

Mrs. Bolton sighed. "It was... but they kind of worked through it themselves. Some of them were even helpful."

"That's great." Mark smiled.

Opening the door wider, Mrs. Bolton waved them in. "Come on then guys." They all filtered in, Mark finally letting go of King's hand.

"I know, he wasn't on the list..." Mark pointed after King. "He's... harmless, mostly. A bit messy, and he gets himself into trouble sometimes. He's been... known to bite on occasion. But nothing you can't handle."

Mrs. Bolton nodded. "Thanks dear." She said goodbye, and closed the door.

Dark grabbed King. "Remember our deal? You distract Mrs. Bolton."

"Then I get peanut butter." King nodded.

Dark sighed. "Yes. Then you get peanut butter."

"Got it!" King grinned.

Dark let go of him and backed off, letting him work. Mrs. Bolton took in the scene for a few moments, before King made his first move. "Squirrels!" He screamed, running out of the living room. Mrs. Bolton just stared for a moment before wandering into the kitchen. There was no King, just the open back door. "Oh no." She gasped, rushing into the backyard to find him. When he heard her leave the room, King tumbled out of a cupboard and opened drawers so he could climb up on the counter top and watch out the window as she checked in the bushes and up trees for him.

Dark stood in the centre of the room and clapped his hands. "Who has been starting to feel more childlike?" He watched as some of the other egos raised their hands and he nodded. "We have to get to the bottom of what happened, and find a solution... fast. Before our minds catch up with these bodies and our only hope is... Mark and Jack."

"They vill never be able to help." Dr. Schneeplestein sighed.

"I know." Dark nodded. "Now we need to work together. We know what happened on our end. Wilford and I were trying to use memories of the past to destroy Mark. It is almost funny how easily he accepts those night terrors." He shook his head. "King came running into the room, and smashed into Wilford who momentarily lost control of his time warp. Next thing we knew, we were children, and Dr. Iplier and Google who had been close by were with us... clearly having been pulled into whatever disaster was created. None of that explains why you are all here. Your turn."

Chase sighed. "Dapper."

"I knew this was your fault." Dark growled, glaring at Dapper, who's eyes widened a little as he leaned back.

"What, ya gonna hit him again?" Anti grunted. "I'm pretty sure he's a pacifist so go on, he won't fight back."

Dark rolled his eyes. "He got in between us. You threatened to hit him too!"

"I didn't though!" Anti glitched violently. Dapper shifted, glancing between them, pouting slightly.

"Anti..." Dark watched him. "Do you have soft spot?"

"What?" Anti muttered.

"His glitchy heart grew three sizes that day." Chase chuckled.

Anti's form twisted. "No. No! I don't care about him!"