Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and Romance!

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                          -Aameen.

Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and Romance!

This is the pure, married love between Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and his beloved, lady Aishah (r.a.)

The two came together in circumstances that are a stark contrast to today's conventional love story. He was a devoted Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), embarking on the third year of prophethood; she was the daughter of his best friend and companion, Abu Bakr (R.A).

 The early years of their marriage began quite innocently. Although Aishah r.a was a young bride, she was in the standard marriageable age that the Arabian culture approved of and encourages at that time.

Though Aishah r.a was ready for marriage life, the prophet preferred to grant her extra support in her transition to life as a married woman. She carried on with the many joys of childhood and fortunate for her, she had a husband gentle and kind enough to understand this.

 Rather than throwing all the responsibilities of a wife on her at once, the Prophet SAW made the marriage and its duties a gradual process for Aishah r.a and ensured that she made a smooth transition into her new life. The compassionate nature with which he SAW nurtured Aishah r.a in her early years as a wife made a tremendous impact on the strong woman she went on to become.

 As the so called "honeymoon period" between the couple came to an end, many challenges and trying moments began to arise. In the midst of all the mayhem, this blessed couple still took time out for simple fun and laughter.  

 Aa'isha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrates in Sahih Al Bukhari V2/B 15/no.70]:

"It was the day of 'Id, and the Abyssinians were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (peace be upon him) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (peace be upon him) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave.

Aishah r.a fondly recalls memories of racing with the prophet and even winning the race when she was young and fit (Ibn Al Jawzy 68). 

But later when she had gained weight, Prophet SAW challenged her again to a race to which He SAW won. For that Nabi SAW said "We are quits."

This was narrated in Dala'el Al-Nubuwa for Imam Abu Nu'aim with isnad including Imam Bukhari and Imam Ibn Khuzaina.

Once the prophet (salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam) was sitting in a room with Aisha and fixing his shoes. It was very warm, and Aisha looked to his blessed forehead and noticed that there were beads of sweat on it. She became overwhelmed by the majesty of that sight was staring at him long enough for him to notice. He SAW said, "What's the matter?" She replied, "If Abu Bukair Al-Huthali, the poet, saw you, he would know that his poem was written for you." The Prophet (sallaAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) asked, "What did he say?" She replied, "Abu Bukair said that if you looked to the majesty of the moon, it twinkles and lights up the world for everybody to see." So the Prophet (salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam) got up, walked to Aisha, kissed her between the eyes, and said, "Wallahi ya Aisha, you are like that to me and more."

The romance of Prophet SAW and Ayesha (r.a)'s marriage was not limited to just fun and games. As their marriage continued, intimacy was ultimately inter-woven in their daily affairs.

They would sit and eat together and Aishah r.a would take a sip and then the prophet SAW would do so from the same spot her lips touched.  

She would have some meat or chicken, and then he would eat from the same spot she ate from. 

This is just one of many ways they infused romance and affection in even the simplest of acts. These small gestures show that in this marriage, romance was not a superficial bouquet of roses. Rather, it was natural and existed in their everyday life.

Love has several expressions. However, it is known to all and sundry that for a woman, nothing expresses love like the words a man simply speaks from his heart.

 The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was most forthcoming in expressing his love for Aishah r.a and this is evident in multiple sayings (hadith) in which he publicly declares that Aishah r.a is the most beloved to him.

Once  Hadrat 'Amr bin Al 'Aas (r.a) asked the Holy Prophet (S.A.W), "Ya Rasoolullah! Whom do you love most?"

"Ayesha." He SAW replied.

"And whom do you love most among men?" 'Amr bin Al 'Aas (r.a) further asked.

"Her father (Abu Bakr (r.a))" Prophet S.A.W replied.

Further proof of his Love for Ayesha r.a can be seen in one of his SAW's Du'a:

"O Allah! The things which are in my control (i.e. justice and equality between different wives) I always do justice (with them), but forgive me for that which is beyond my control (i.e my love with Ayesha)

Such profound love he SAW held for his wife that he referred to her as one with the complete qualities of a believing woman. This is a clear sign of the kind of respect he held for his wife.

 This respect was possible because he SAW actually put forth the time and effort in getting to know and understand his wife enough to recommend her as an example for other women to follow.

*****

 A/N ;)

Well I am still there in the dreamland, please do not disturb! Lol! But yes I will end this with a little Du'a, May Allah SWT bless such love and understanding to all of us with our spouses! Aameen Ya Rahman! <33333

With Duas and Salaam,

abdurRahman (Gudi ;))